Our sister sites
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-02-2019, 05:36 PM

Rescued dog was a wolf!

Amazing story !
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47330924

Kind-hearted Estonian workers rushed to rescue a dog in distress from a freezing river on Wednesday - unaware of the fact they were actually about to bundle a wild wolf into their car.

The men were working on the Sindi dam on the Parnu river when they spotted the animal trapped in the icy water.

After clearing a path through the ice, they took the frozen canine to a clinic for medical care.

Only then was it revealed they had been carrying a wolf.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2019, 06:21 PM
I saw this on the news and really hope that the wolf survives and is set free when well. Run free wolfie.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2019, 12:23 PM
I read this too - apparently he has been released back into the wild with a tracker collar on him. I thought this was a heart warming story of how slowly people all round the world are learning that far from being the child eating killer of legend, the wolf is actually very little more than a wild version of our domesticated wolves (dogs) and despite having been persecuted by man for thousands of years, if allowed to can and will live in peace and harmony with us humans. Such a beautiful animal - look at his eyes!!