View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SibeVibe
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-03-2009, 03:47 PM
I think you made the right decision Fostering is a life enriching experience but I always have to consider my own pack too. There is always a heavy feeling of guilt that comes on the few occassions I have had to say no to bringing another dog in. I totally understand how you feel We learn, we move on and we keep fostering That's a great attitude to have Sounds like Z is going on to an idea foster home. Best of luck with the other guys you take in through the project. Take good care. Seoniad.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2009, 10:32 PM
I think you made the right decision too and I don't think you should feel like you've let anybody down. I bet the Freedom Project people have told you that too.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 07:19 AM
Sarah - you have done and will continue to do a brilliant job for these dogs in need. Please don't beat yourself up about one incident where there was a clash. We have clashes in my house on a daily basis (Roxy and Lennon), so it's not unusual, even with "regular" dogs.
Big hugs - I'm sure Brian will be fine with your TLC xxx
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-03-2009, 11:46 AM
can anyone tell me what the freedom project is?

cheers
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 12:54 PM
krusewalker, freedom project is a project run by dogs trust that fosters dogs for the owners who are victims of domestic violence.
if you visit dogs trust website you can get more info from there
hope that helps
dani
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Sarah - As Vicki has rightly said you're doing a wonderful job fostering these dogs in need. Our two had a fight only this week (not had one for years) it can happen over the silliest of things. As you say if they have to be left then it's best Z goes to another home and you can think about carrying on with whatever the Freedom Trust want you to have, if only people would be more honest but I guess they are in a relationship where it's hard to think rationally.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2