Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Tonks
I also bought her a hollow ball made of woven rubber which she has thrown round more than chewed but has still got one of the woven bits out.
Hi Cat are you talking about an 'Orka' toy above, they seem virtually indistructable. This is an Orca ..

The 'everlasting treat balls' (from Dog Games.com) are made of a similar material and they and the Orkas are the only chew toys that have survived in our house, even Nylabones end up in bits ..
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Most of Tilly's toys have been cute soft puppy toys & home made chewing toys (a plastic bootle with pasta in lodged in an old slipper!)

Today I bought her the big rubber squeaky chicken! Boy does she love it! She submitted to it first. But she's since been tearing round with it for the last 40 mins. I'm going to put it away when she's finished & keep it as one that;s not left lying around.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
I go the other way with Kismet... If she cant chew it up, she gets bored and ignores it... so I create as many inexpensive destructible toys as possible..

My two favourites at them moment are an old beach towel I got a very strong friend to tie knots in.... I twisted kibble in the knots first and she's still trying to gnaw through that one... Shoeboxes and plastic bottles filled with bread, bits and newspaper... Kismet is good with bottles and doesn't eat them or hurt herself.. Bottles are still supervised only chews though. We have a kong and she seems to have no problems getting everything out of it... and treat ball and treat bottle... She's fickle with what she will and will not chew on
She sounds very similar to Tonks, she also loves plastic bottles, tie socks and towels. She refuses to attempt to choose Kongs....just bounces them really hard to see how much will come out and then gives up......leaving the smelly stuff for me to get out.

Now she seems to like rubber i wanted to get her something she would want to chew on but couldn't destory. You wouldn't have thought her Kong had ever had staffie jaws round it!

She has had a nylabone since she was a puppy and yesterday decided to chew it and really went to work on it........it's only taken her a year to decide it was chewable!!

Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Cat are you talking about an 'Orka' toy above, they seem virtually indistructable. This is an Orca ..

The 'everlasting treat balls' (from Dog Games.com) are made of a similar material and they and the Orkas are the only chew toys that have survived in our house, even Nylabones end up in bits ..
No it's not like that but that looks very good. Will keep that it mind for the furtur thank you.

Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
Most of Tilly's toys have been cute soft puppy toys & home made chewing toys (a plastic bootle with pasta in lodged in an old slipper!)

Today I bought her the big rubber squeaky chicken! Boy does she love it! She submitted to it first. But she's since been tearing round with it for the last 40 mins. I'm going to put it away when she's finished & keep it as one that;s not left lying around.
I have seen those squishy ones in the pet shop........but I'm not sure it would stand up to staffie jaws. She can have toys for ages and not destroy them.....and then one day she decides to tear it up!
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 09:24 PM
I don't know if she will like it, but in the pound shop they sell rope balls, and I have had one for Jess since we have had her (year and a half) and it is only just starting to turn bad now. She destroys toys normally!

Some of the best toys I have ever bought her are from the pound shop
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
I don't know if she will like it, but in the pound shop they sell rope balls, and I have had one for Jess since we have had her (year and a half) and it is only just starting to turn bad now. She destroys toys normally!

Some of the best toys I have ever bought her are from the pound shop

Well it's worth a go for a pound! I'll look out for one.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 10:18 PM
If I can see one, I will get you one on Monday and send it to you through the post if you want.
rottalmarotts
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-02-2009, 10:45 PM
Cattle Dogs are nightmares with toys they last a nano second Google Orbee balls mine love them they last and they smell of mint
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 11:49 PM
I have seen those squishy ones in the pet shop........but I'm not sure it would stand up to staffie jaws. She can have toys for ages and not destroy them.....and then one day she decides to tear it up![/QUOTE]

hmmm yes.... well the chicken has had 2 beatings today & now has a hole in it! it's still sqeaks though!!

Ps.... Tilly got her teeth firmly stuck in a football today! took ages getting them out - her poor mouth was wedged open!! (son not too happy it'e his ball!)
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2009, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
If I can see one, I will get you one on Monday and send it to you through the post if you want.
Thank you for that lovely offer. xx

Originally Posted by rottalmarotts View Post
Cattle Dogs are nightmares with toys they last a nano second Google Orbee balls mine love them they last and they smell of mint
Yes i have seen those, but i was feeling broke at the time so Tonks had to miss out. I will have a look out for them again.
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
I have seen those squishy ones in the pet shop........but I'm not sure it would stand up to staffie jaws. She can have toys for ages and not destroy them.....and then one day she decides to tear it up!

hmmm yes.... well the chicken has had 2 beatings today & now has a hole in it! it's still sqeaks though!!

Ps.... Tilly got her teeth firmly stuck in a football today! took ages getting them out - her poor mouth was wedged open!! (son not too happy it'e his ball!)
Awww poor Tilly -the trials of chewing toys!

Good news, Tonks Hurely bone arrive today.....less than 24 hours from when i ordered it!!

She is pleased with it and has given it a good chew and there isn't a mark on it! It also bouncy and can be pulled....she likes!! She has given up on the chewing at the moment though......probably because she wasn't getting anywhere......i'm hoping that if i keep playing with it with her every now and again that she won't loosed interest.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Just to let you know I got a few of these balls today!

If you would like one, you are more than welcome (can I be cheeky and ask you pay postage though as they are quite heavy?)
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >