Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 10:36 AM

Tough toys for tough chewers!

Tonks never liked rubber toys as a puppy but now loves them.

Unfortunately they do not last. This morning i gave her a large thick rubber bone that i bought yesterday. She has had it 40 minutes and its already in 40 pieces she had a great time though!!

I also bought her a hollow ball made of woven rubber which she has thrown round more than chewed but has still got one of the woven bits out.

Any suggestions for reasonably priced Tonka Tonks tough toys?!

She has a Kong, has never managed to chew it and doesn't really like it. She won't chew it no matter what i put in it.
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-02-2009, 10:49 AM
I have the same problem with my boy, he chews up all toys in minutes, it works out quite expensive keep replacing them...little b*gger!

He loves his boomber ball, and though its a bit bashed from him wacking it about and trying to chew it, its still in one piece and hes had it for months!
Its great exercise for them to...he wacks it round the garden and park, kicks it about and even dribbles it with his nose for hours!
Its his bestest toy and only cost me 12.99!
A word of warning though...out doors toy, coz its blooming noisey!

BOOMER BALL
Too many toys just can't take the strain! The Boomer Ball is virtually indestructible and designed for those larger-than-life characters who love to chase and conquer - typically Bull Terriers and other 'macho' breeds. It is designed not to be picked up by the dog, so should be a size bigger than the dog can carry - (please refer to our size guide).

It can also be a therapeutic toy to enrich the environment of elephants, pigs, polar bears or any other bored, inquisitive animal.

Virtually indestructible
For macho dogs that love to conquer
Ideal therapy for bored animals
Impact resistant
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by hades View Post
I have the same problem with my boy, he chews up all toys in minutes, it works out quite expensive keep replacing them...little b*gger!

He loves his boomber ball, and though its a bit bashed from him wacking it about and trying to chew it, its still in one piece and hes had it for months!
Its great exercise for them to...he wacks it round the garden and park, kicks it about and even dribbles it with his nose for hours!
Its his bestest toy and only cost me 12.99!
A word of warning though...out doors toy, coz its blooming noisey!

BOOMER BALL
Too many toys just can't take the strain! The Boomer Ball is virtually indestructible and designed for those larger-than-life characters who love to chase and conquer - typically Bull Terriers and other 'macho' breeds. It is designed not to be picked up by the dog, so should be a size bigger than the dog can carry - (please refer to our size guide).

It can also be a therapeutic toy to enrich the environment of elephants, pigs, polar bears or any other bored, inquisitive animal.

Virtually indestructible
For macho dogs that love to conquer
Ideal therapy for bored animals
Impact resistant

Hehe that made me chuckle, Tonks loves noisy toys....the noisier the better! I have considered a boomer ball but i ( i don't think i was specific enough in my op sorry) i really want some chew toys that she can be calmer with rather than going nutty with.

On the weekend we found a motorbike tyre on our walk. She now has that in her nanny's garden strung up from the washing line..........she loves it! A bit like a boomer ball, she goes nuts and is desperately tryin to bash it around and chew it....but hasn't made a dent on it!

Is there a company that make chews from tractor tyre rubber or something similar i wonder!
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Just had a look and found a few chews that 'say' that there industructable?

Hurley - Guaranteed Indestructible Dog Toy
Tough as nails for wagging tails. Guaranteed to last.
The Hurley is a revolutionary dog toy that is so durable, it is guaranteed against dog destruction! Made from "Zogoflex", a 100% recyclable material, the remarkable Hurley bounces, floats and is completely bendable.

Goughnuts - The indestructible dog chew toy, guaranteed!
This is the last dog chew toy you will ever have to buy, guaranteed.
Indestructible Fillable Floatable Rollable Chewable Smellable Recyclable So much "Funable"
Designed by mechanical and polymer engineers who also make rubber parts for rocket engines, GoughNuts are guaranteed to last a lifetime.

Never used them personally though,
Hopfully some one else has and can give us some feed back.
Might get my boy one...or both!
Hope this helps
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 11:14 AM
OOoooo thank you... i will look up those and give them a go. Test their theory!

Think Tonks has strained her heads muscles with all tha chewing....she is snoring like a hippo now!

Suppose i should clear up the mess!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 11:17 AM
I bought one of these (a Leo toy)

For the boys for Christmas...

It's on the same principal as a Kong, but is much harder to get stuff out of. My boys can empty a frozen Kong in minutes, but the Leo is Boxer-proof.

I can put in it their food, biscuits, peanut butter, cream cheese and although they can get the soft stuff out (peanut butter and cheese) I usually have to remove the other stuff with a spoon at the end of the week.

It's survived 2 months with 2 Boxers, being used every day and chucked in the dishwasher once a week!

I bought it online from Rich and Robin
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Hey! Just seen the hurley people will send you another chew if your dog manages to destroy it!

mmm......is that so they have another to destroy!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
I bought one of these (a Leo toy)

For the boys for Christmas...

It's on the same principal as a Kong, but is much harder to get stuff out of. My boys can empty a frozen Kong in minutes, but the Leo is Boxer-proof.

I can put in it their food, biscuits, peanut butter, cream cheese and although they can get the soft stuff out (peanut butter and cheese) I usually have to remove the other stuff with a spoon at the end of the week.

It's survived 2 months with 2 Boxers, being used every day and chucked in the dishwasher once a week!

I bought it online from Rich and Robin
Hey they look really good. Tonks just gives up with Kongs.....she has never managed to empty one oddly enough. Those look a bit more of an appealing shape to chew.

Thank you for those.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 11:35 AM
Right i have orderd a hurley bone.......and we shall see what she does with that!

Any more suggestions gratefully recieved!

I want to stock up on interesting toys for her over the next few months so that, when the baby arrives, she will have interesting new things to have and play with.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2009, 12:04 PM
I go the other way with Kismet... If she cant chew it up, she gets bored and ignores it... so I create as many inexpensive destructible toys as possible..

My two favourites at them moment are an old beach towel I got a very strong friend to tie knots in.... I twisted kibble in the knots first and she's still trying to gnaw through that one... Shoeboxes and plastic bottles filled with bread, bits and newspaper... Kismet is good with bottles and doesn't eat them or hurt herself.. Bottles are still supervised only chews though. We have a kong and she seems to have no problems getting everything out of it... and treat ball and treat bottle... She's fickle with what she will and will not chew on
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >