Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
charlew
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-10-2018, 10:21 PM

Stolen springer spaniel, Telford area UK

Amo a female springer spaniel was stolen from the Telford area (Midland Game Fair) on 15th September, someone saw her being put in to a truck. Crime reference number: N1/75132/2018, contact: 07809701261, reward.

[IMG][/IMG]
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-10-2018, 10:52 PM
Also a Liver Springer was stolen from Doncaster, - South Yorkshire Shooting Show and Game Fair 29.09.18. There may be a connection.
Have you posted on the DogLost site?
Hope you are reunited soon.
charlew
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-10-2018, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by CaroleC View Post
Also a Liver Springer was stolen from Doncaster, - South Yorkshire Shooting Show and Game Fair 29.09.18. There may be a connection.
Have you posted on the DogLost site?
Hope you are reunited soon.
She's not my dog. I can't imagine what it's like for these owners - I lost my dog for 40 minutes last year & I was hysterical.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2018, 04:10 AM
It does suck to have your pet go missing. But I urge people to beware of "fundraisers". Not all people are legit. I'm suspicious of this type of thing. They're asking for quite a lot and there's a sob story. It very well may be legit, but just use caution.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-11-2018, 05:27 PM
Why do people steal dogs?
Mine is a rescue so no history, no prior history, no paperwork, breed collie but no certainty that he is not a mix.
What value would he have if stolen?
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2018, 06:11 PM
Sadly they steal for all sorts of reasons. Monetary gain, breeding if dog intact and very sadly fighting. When we did dog trading we came across all sorts of problems.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-11-2018, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Sadly they steal for all sorts of reasons. Monetary gain, breeding if dog intact and very sadly fighting. When we did dog trading we came across all sorts of problems.
I asked because I tie my dog to the cash point outside our local convenience store. I was admonished for doing so by the rescue centre where we got him.

Breeding surely isn't an issue since he has no pedigree, nor fighting, and he just doesn't go with anyone else. Not even my grand kids unless I am line of sight.

Sure, he could be manhandled but, at 35 kg, not such an easy task. And there are enough people around here who know him to stop it or sound the alarm bells.

But yes, I worry.
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-11-2018, 09:59 PM
Sorry to be graphic, but people should be aware that thugs will steal even small and elderley dogs, and cats. The fight gangs use them to blood young dogs for fighting. If they survive, they are dumped, often with horrific injuries.
The year before last in my own small town, a Labrador was taken from outside Tesco. It was found the next day in the canal - front and hind legs tied together and a concrete block chained around its neck - a victim of senseless torture. Despite fundraising to enable a large reward for information, the offender was never found.
I would never, ever leave one of my dogs tied outside a shop.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2018, 06:29 AM
Spelling error: That should have said training not trading. Neither would I Carolec. But sadly can't now and wouldn't have anyway. Take care of your dogs and Besoeker sadly yes if someone sees a dog that fits what they are looking for that wouldn't stop them if the dog was tied up. I know of instances where dogs have been snatched from peoples arms.