Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-01-2018, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
Horse poo in the garden??

And my question about a public park remains.
You're not reading what I'm writing in the way it's intended. I clearly stated what I did when out and about, hence the horse poo as we walk in woodland with bridle ways. I never mentioned horse poo in gardens.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-01-2018, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
You're not reading what I'm writing in the way it's intended.
Is it worth the trouble?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

14-01-2018, 09:19 PM
Is it worth the trouble?
You seem to think so.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-01-2018, 09:59 PM
You seem to think so.
You can't have it both ways.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

14-01-2018, 10:31 PM
You can't have it both ways.
Both ways? sorry when did I say I wanted anything from you?
Well you could stop making daft comments about posts you've either misread or misunderstood and then we'd have no communication which would suit me just fine.
Quite why you feel the need is beyond me but I honestly couldn't care less why you do it.
My initial post wasn't aimed at you so why you felt the need to wrongly try to correct me was a bit daft. I then pointed out that you'd misread my reply and you responded by quoting that too.
Go and try to bother someone else.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-01-2018, 10:36 PM
Both ways? sorry when did I say I wanted anything from you?
Fine.
Now, can we get back on topic?
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2018, 10:03 AM
COPRAPHAGIA OR FAECES EATING AND ROLLING.

Most of this problem is caused by boredom or it can be due to a vitamin deficiency. If you are sure that the dog is getting enough of these then the following guidelines will help. Clearing up the droppings as soon as the dog has relieved itself is the best way to stop the habit at home. If the dog is doing this when out on a walk and eating other animal droppings then a more drastic measure is sometimes called for. This is either by keeping your dog on a lead and calling him as soon as you see him going near any droppings and telling him ‘no’ as soon as he sniffs it and then praising him when he comes to you, which he has to do as he is attached to a lead, or, using a small rattly container which can be used to distract the dog and then get the dogs attention and say leave it in a firm voice, then call the dog to you and praise the dog if he is looking at you. (This is an old fashioned remedy but needs must if it is needed.)
The only thing that you must do if the dog does eat any droppings, be it his own, or others, is to make sure that you keep up his worming programme. All puppies must be wormed on a monthly basis and then every six months. If you can, use a complete wormer that does both roundworm and tapeworm. Drontal Plus is one that we know of that does this. Also make sure that the dog is treated for fleas as they pass on worms in their eggs, so if the dog grooms himself this can then pass into the stomach.
Extra helpful addition: If the dog rolls in something clean the dogs fur with Swarfega; this removes anything sticky, then wash with doggy shampoo or use tomato ketchup if the substance is smelly, usually foxes, and then wash off. This should remove any smell of foxes etc.
Hopefully these days most owners clear up after their dog no matter where it goes.
(Make sure the dog does not lick himself before you wash off the swarfega).
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2018, 12:37 PM
We had a pup years ago did this. When you have dog out anywhere garden or outside you have to get there as soon as they have toileted and lift the poo. Repeated repitition and they eventually lose interest.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-01-2018, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
We had a pup years ago did this. When you have dog out anywhere garden or outside you have to get there as soon as they have toileted and lift the poo. Repeated repitition and they eventually lose interest.
That's fine for your own dog and, by law, we have to do that anyway - it's an offence not to punishable by a fine of up £1,000. What if it is the faeces of another dog? Do you pick up all those as well?

We had a neighbour who had that problem with her dog and it made the dog very ill. Her solution was to put a muzzle on it.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2018, 06:53 PM
No. To ensure repetition and no mistakes, the dog is kept on a lead until the habit of not eating the stuff is well established
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >