register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: would you pay for an off lead walk for your dog while in kennels
Yes! everyday 17 47.22%
Yes every other day 5 13.89%
Only once or twice durin their stay 2 5.56%
No, not atall 12 33.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 05:07 PM

Would you pay for you dog to have an off lead run??

In the kennels i work in i have asked for a large paddock so dogs can run off lead. My boss has agreed in principle but says this is to be an additional walk done at lunch time and to be charged for. He wants to charge
£2.50 for 25 mins and then 50p per additional dog if you have more than one.

Now for me to get my paddock i have to prove it will be used so if you could answere my poll i would be very greatfull

Thankyou
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-06-2011, 05:10 PM
If it was really really secure and no other dogs had access i am sure people with DA dogs would pay for a free run,,

personally i wouldn't ..
GSDlover4ever
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 05:12 PM
I think it really depends?

How much exercise do the dogs get on leash?

It would be good for DA, HA dogs and dogs that can't be left of leash unless in a secure area thought.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-06-2011, 05:17 PM
In the kennels we use off lead run/play in a secure paddock is included in the price of boarding, you can book additional walks which are chargable. Only one family of dogs at a time is let loose in the paddock and it's supervised at all times.
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 05:18 PM
Dogs get a walk on lead for about 10 mins am and pm.

No other dogs will use paddock at same time as yours and it will be very secure professionall errected and very large
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
In the kennels we use off lead run/play in a secure paddock is included in the price of boarding, you can book additional walks which are chargable. Only one family of dogs at a time is let loose in the paddock and it's supervised at all times.
That is basicall what i want, but as the kennels is so large we can have up to a 100 dogs a day although avaerage about 70 it would take us forever to use normally for each dog, so boss has said it has to be in addition to their normal walks
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-06-2011, 05:20 PM
If it was for Jake, YES!

I would not only be concerned for him if he didn't get one, I would not like to be the kennel staff looking after him...

On lead is just not enough for him.
CuteRotts
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-06-2011, 05:23 PM
That seems ridiculous if you ask me.
Where mine go they get both walked and some time for free-play in the (secure) field. I don't think they should get anything less!!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by katygeorge View Post
That is basicall what i want, but as the kennels is so large we can have up to a 100 dogs a day although avaerage about 70 it would take us forever to use normally for each dog, so boss has said it has to be in addition to their normal walks
The kennels we use is quite large too, it's set in 20 acres and each kennel has an 8x24 run attached mine take over 2 kennels side by side so basically have the use of 2 runs which interconnect. In front of that they have a concrete play area which is shared between 3 kennels and the inhabitants of the 3 kennels are rotated in the play area throughout the day, so on average they go out there about 3 times a day that area is roughly 25 foot by 30 foot. On top of that they get 2 onlead walks and 2 offlead secure paddock runs every day.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by katygeorge View Post
In the kennels i work in i have asked for a large paddock so dogs can run off lead. My boss has agreed in principle but says this is to be an additional walk done at lunch time and to be charged for. He wants to charge
£2.50 for 25 mins and then 50p per additional dog if you have more than one.

Now for me to get my paddock i have to prove it will be used so if you could answere my poll i would be very greatfull

Thankyou

No I would not pay extra for my dogs to have an off lead walk in a enclosed paddock; I doubt mine would run around in it even if one were available as most dogs run WITH each other.

As I would NEVER want my dogs to run with ANY other dog the issue is a moot point. My dogs would just view it as a BIGGER kennel and run.

One of the reasons I put my dogs INTO kennels is so that I am 100% sure of their safety and cannot escape, get run over, be attacked by another dog.

They do not NEED exercise in the kennels as all the comings and goings and noise etc is tiring enough for them.

I know MANY boarding kennels owners and NONE of them exercise the dogs UNLESS they were specifically asked to and it would be an EXTRA charge.

If you think about it, count how many kennels there are, how many dogs, and how many staff and how many hours they are open.

For ALL dogs to be given a walk every day at kennels would mean a HUGE increase in prices as kennel staff are fully occupied cleaning kennels, receiving boarders, checking out boarders, feeding them etc etc

Also germs etc breed and are around a lot longer on grass than on concrete.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »