Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-08-2018, 12:06 PM

Dog Food Cans

We buy dog food in in cans - 48 at a time delivered to our door. This time all the cans were dented to a greater or lesser degree. This is typical:

It has happened before. My dear wife emailed the company we buy it from. We got a credit of 50%but our aim is to try to stop it happening in the first place. Difficult to see how it happens to so many get dented in one shipment in one box. You'd have to be genius to achieve that..........
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-08-2018, 10:26 PM
That's shocking . If supermarkets sold cans like that . they'd be out of business.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-08-2018, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by Dibbythedog View Post
That's shocking . If supermarkets sold cans like that . they'd be out of business.
Well, you just wouldn't buy them.
I don't think it's the seller, I think is the delivery company. Yodel in this case.
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-08-2018, 01:48 PM
One or two cans, you could excuse. I think I would notify Arden Grange. It must reflect badly on their good name.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-08-2018, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by CaroleC View Post
One or two cans, you could excuse. I think I would notify Arden Grange. It must reflect badly on their good name.
Yes, I agree. We did notify our supplier, Zooplus, and they gave us a 50% discount. But our objective is to try to prevent a recurrence.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2018, 05:26 PM
You must speak to yodel and zooplus. Take a photo of the cans and send it to zooplus and say that this is happening. They are a very good firm and will sort it out.They did for me when something was wrong. How about trying another supplier like amazion or fetch. Or even Arden Grange themselves. If you do change ask who their carriers are.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-08-2018, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
You must speak to yodel and zooplus. Take a photo of the cans and send it to zooplus and say that this is happening. They are a very good firm and will sort it out.They did for me when something was wrong. How about trying another supplier like amazion or fetch. Or even Arden Grange themselves. If you do change ask who their carriers are.
Valid points Brenda.
We did send a photograph of the can to Zooplus. They need to sort the problem
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-08-2018, 12:28 PM
Next shipment on its way - fingers crossed.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-08-2018, 08:03 PM
Not the famous Yodel delivery people surely. The ones who throw goods over fences and gardens instead of to the front door. I just can't believe they would even think about damaging tins of dog food it would take them too long.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2018, 07:12 AM
It looks like the box the cans travel in is being thrown around when in transit. I detest Yodel and would speak to Zooplus about changing the carrier to DPD. I have a feeling that Zooplus give you the choice of DPD but you have to pay an extra £1 I think. Certainly worth doing imo.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >