Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2012, 01:30 PM

Whats your favourite foods?

I'm bored, and supposed to out buying OH a birthday present and card for tomorrow... And instead thinking about whats in the fridge for dinner

What's your favourite food/meals for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner?

For its:
Bacon sandwich for brekkie, honey roast ham with mozzarella cheese and watercress salad for lunch, and for dinner probably duck and pancakes with egg fried rice.... But a Sunday roast does come a close second for dinner
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Good question!! I think about food loads, i spend most my day at work thinking about what to have for tea!

For breakfast it has to be scrambled eggs and smoked salmon.

For lunch it's got to be a chicken, mayo and stuffing sandwich.

And for tea (or dinner as you call it!!) it's a close call between a roast dinner or fish pie.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-08-2012, 08:28 PM
Nandos chicken and rice for dinner..
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2012, 08:30 PM
Breakfast

Bucks Fizz
Eggs Benedict
Cappuccino

Lunch

Tomato, Basil and real buffalo mozzarello salad
Crusty Bread
Peaches

Dinner

Scallops with bacon and black pudding
Fillet steak (rare) and Baked Potato with sour cream and chives
Apple strudel with creme fraiche
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Reality breakfast: x 2 slices of toast with Marmite and a cup of tea. Cereal once in a blue moon.

Favourite breakfast: proper crusty French croissants with a nice jam and English butter. Or homemade American style blueberry pancakes with Canadian maple syrup, cream and extra sugar. Or even the thin style English pancakes drizzled in lemon and sugar. Nom!!

Reality lunch: bagel or sandwich (tuna is a favourite), leftovers or a salad, usually accompanied by a packet of crisps and a cup of tea.

Favourite lunch: proper crusty French bread and crackers with a selection of cheeses, pickles, pates and chutneys. Or homemade minestrone soup with nice bread.

Favourite dinners: dinner is the 'big' meal of the day to me. I like most things to be honest. Italian pastas, pizzas, curries, stews, American stuff (burgers, wings, ribs, steak, etc.), roasts, Mexican stuff (enchiladas, chillis, quasadillas, fajitas, etc.), Thai stuff, most sea foods. I suppose if I was pushed to name a favourite I would go for Indian food, homemade not takeaway. Then your standard American fare -- nuffin' beats a good burger.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Reality breakfast: x 2 slices of toast with Marmite and a cup of tea. Cereal once in a blue moon.

Favourite breakfast: proper crusty French croissants with a nice jam and English butter. Or homemade American style blueberry pancakes with Canadian maple syrup, cream and extra sugar. Or even the thin style English pancakes drizzled in lemon and sugar. Nom!!

Reality lunch: bagel or sandwich (tuna is a favourite), leftovers or a salad, usually accompanied by a packet of crisps and a cup of tea.

Favourite lunch: proper crusty French bread and crackers with a selection of cheeses, pickles, pates and chutneys. Or homemade minestrone soup with nice bread.

Favourite dinners: dinner is the 'big' meal of the day to me. I like most things to be honest. Italian pastas, pizzas, curries, stews, American stuff (burgers, wings, ribs, steak, etc.), roasts, Mexican stuff (enchiladas, chillis, quasadillas, fajitas, etc.), Thai stuff, most sea foods. I suppose if I was pushed to name a favourite I would go for Indian food, homemade not takeaway. Then your standard American fare -- nuffin' beats a good burger.
Sounds like you need to visit the American diner in Ashford mmmmm pancakes and burgers are yummy!
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2012, 09:35 PM
I eat anything as long as someone else cooks it
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Breakfast - Egg McMuffin from McDonalds

Lunch - tend to skip it or eat cakes or something

Dinner - fillet steak, stuffing, Yorkshire puddings and potatoes. But thats on a good day, normally it's pizza or pasta of some description, maybe a fish finger sandwich.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Breakfast

Bucks Fizz
Eggs Benedict
Cappuccino

Lunch

Tomato, Basil and real buffalo mozzarello salad
Crusty Bread
Peaches

Dinner

Scallops with bacon and black pudding
Fillet steak (rare) and Baked Potato with sour cream and chives
Apple strudel with creme fraiche

can I come to to yours for dinner please?
(i will bring the Bolly!)
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2012, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
can I come to to yours for dinner please?
(i will bring the Bolly!)
I will be at Champneys tomorrow for the weekend (smirk) and I shall be tucking into the their soaked muesli FOLLOWED by Eggs Benedict.

It is not QUITE the same as the US version (I first tasted it under glass at the Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco) but almost as good.

I will also be taking some bolly with me as this weekend falls between my birthday and that of my spa buddy, so we always have a totally chilled weekend, no phones, no internet, no nuffink!

ps I shall toast you KB!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >