Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2011, 08:50 AM

Laptop Chargers

I have a compact (sp) laptop and so does my little sister - she broke her original charger, and so she ordered a new one - that has stopped working too - and mine only works now if it's pulled full stretch (thanks to her, it was working fine until she used it)

any ideas?
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2011, 08:59 AM
My daughter is awful with chargers,she has been through 4 of them in 2 years

I brought one from ebay and it was lethal,it melted all the plastic casing around the mains wire

She is currently using a trust universal one,fits most laptops and touch wood this one has been fine
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2011, 09:07 AM
Is she maybe stretching them too far or winding them up too tight when storing them and breaking them that way? Seems odd that she's managed to break 3 now!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2011, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
My daughter is awful with chargers,she has been through 4 of them in 2 years

I brought one from ebay and it was lethal,it melted all the plastic casing around the mains wire

She is currently using a trust universal one,fits most laptops and touch wood this one has been fine
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Is she maybe stretching them too far or winding them up too tight when storing them and breaking them that way? Seems odd that she's managed to break 3 now!
Oh mine still works - and it stretched out or put to one side unless I have to move house (going to OH)or room then I wrap it up like it came..
Her first one - I reckon it was when she knocked her laptop off the stool when it was on charge - it bent her charger bit, her newest one just stopped charging unless it was in a certain position and mine - she put it in a plug socket and the plug socket sparked...

Universal charger - why did I not think of this! Where did you get your daughters from Sal? I think she needs to invest in one of those

Thanks for the help You know I have a brother who used to work in a computer repair shop, a D|ad who used to built computers and an OH who has a certificate for some IT repairing stuff - non of them can work it out