View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

06-12-2010, 08:55 PM
Good grief! I am so eternally grateful to Linus Torvalds, Warren Woodford and many others that I am able to run systems that do not need anti virus software! What a complete and utter scam!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by rich c View Post
Good grief! I am so eternally grateful to Linus Torvalds, Warren Woodford and many others that I am able to run systems that do not need anti virus software! What a complete and utter scam!
Yeh better to go for the free stuff that is just as good Course you could go for Apple who have everything included
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

07-12-2010, 01:58 AM
Hmmmm.... Although as far as the topic of this thread is concerned, Apple is free from the whole malware/anti-malware scam problem there are other issues... Namely, for me, Apple Inc. have far to much interest in and control over what their customers/users do with their stuff. I like my free as in libre.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 02:10 AM
Hmmmm.... Although as far as the topic of this thread is concerned, Apple is free from the whole malware/anti-malware scam problem there are other issues... Namely, for me, Apple Inc. have far to much interest in and control over what their customers/users do with their stuff. I like my free as in libre.
True but I love my iPhone!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 02:16 AM

True but I love my iPhone!
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

07-12-2010, 03:54 AM
I see there are companies trying to peddle their anti virus nonsense to iPhone users too now!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2010, 04:02 AM
I see there are companies trying to peddle their anti virus nonsense to iPhone users too now!
Anything to make money! Its crazy they charge so much when you can get just as good free
Ang3l
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-12-2010, 05:29 AM
I don't really pay for anything I put on my PC Only my games everything else was free Bill Gates certainly doesn't get rich off me
GeorgiesMum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-12-2010, 06:19 AM
I've tried most anit-virus software and the only one that stops all viruses and updates regularly (almost daily) is BitDefender. I have it loaded on my laptop and you can set the security level from mild to medium to aggressive. It is also the most reasonably priced anti-virus around. AVG, although free, wasn't all it was cracked up to be.
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

07-12-2010, 06:24 AM
Here's a couple of pages I did on the subject of computer security. Installing anti virus is pretty meaningless if the rest isn't up to scratch in my opinion.

http://www.btinternet.com/~richard.c...ure_system.pdf

http://www.btinternet.com/~richard.c.../security.html

Oh, and the annual subscription for maintaining secure systems as per my recommendations in the above two links is... whatever I feel like donating.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >