Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 11:23 PM

Advice please on new laptop

Right, my desktop has expired...........I have been using hubby's laptop for a couple of months now and have got really used to it and I like it. As we are a bit strapped for space I have decided to go for a lap top now. Not having a great deal of money at the moment I want to buy something from Curry's or PC World and maybe go with 6 month's interest free credit. I want a lap top with loads of memory. I like to download music, save photos and I also want to put all my old stuff on the new LT. My man over here has recommended I getone with 4 gigabites. He can get me something but I would have to pay him here and now which is why I am asking for advice on here.
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

11-11-2010, 01:34 AM
I think you're getting disk space and memory confused. From what you say about wanting to save photos/music/old stuff, you want a reasonable sized hard drive. The 4GB would be referring to memory where the operating system and apps run. My desktop has 4GB and I use it as a file/print/remote app/virtual machine server without using all 4GB...

So for your purposes, you might want to consider a modest laptop and a big external drive. Maybe even a network drive if you've got the network to connect it to.