Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2010, 01:58 PM

Ipad

Who has one and what you think of them? I'm currently using one,
I find the on screen key board a pain, but we did get the add on key board for it, which solves that problem.
I really don't see what you get for your cash though. For the same money you could have a Great pc and a good I phone, the only bonus on the iPad compared to the phone is the screen size.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2010, 02:03 PM
Not got one, but would love one, just for the apps I like the idea of the e reader app, it looks really cool on the addys Suppose it depends on which one you buy, memory wise I mean.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2010, 02:04 PM
I was sooo tempted, but have opted for a Kindle (made by Amazon) instead, as all I really want to use it for is as an eReader.....
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I was sooo tempted, but have opted for a Kindle (made by Amazon) instead, as all I really want to use it for is as an eReader.....

I was looking at that too, is it good then? come tell me, I'm dying to know how good it is, coz it's price is just my cup of tea

x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2010, 02:29 PM
It hasn't arrived yet, Elaine. It's due to be despatched on or before 29/9, so I'll let you know after then once I've tried it out. I loved the price of the downloads - a lot are free and most of the ones I looked at are around the two quid mark - lovely!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2010, 02:34 PM
My sister has the kindle and she loves it.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Funnily enough my OH has one on loan from work this weekend and all 4 of us have been fighting over it!

I found the onscreen keyboard much easier to use than I had expected.

I use a Mac and when I worked my IT job was supporting Mac users in a publishing company so I am predisposed to like it and I would really love love one but it definitely comes under the heading of desirable extra. As other posters have mentioned it doesn't really do much that you can't get other cheaper (if not so lovely ) devices for. It was also a bit heavier than I had expected so definitely not comfortable to hold in one hand which I like to do with a book.

Just wasted an hour or so playing Solitaire on it but at £430 for the entry level one that would make it one very expensive pack of cards!

My last little problem with it is that if I'm sitting down Enzo is usually sitting on me and he blocks the screen! Then when Gozo tried to climb on as well he managed to close the app I was using, do you thik he was trying to tell me something?

So to summerise, it's completely gorgeous, I love it, I want one...but really can't justify the expense in terms of functionality.

J.
ScoobyDo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-09-2010, 04:36 PM
I have one, and yes it is pricey but i love it.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2010, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
I was looking at that too, is it good then? come tell me, I'm dying to know how good it is, coz it's price is just my cup of tea

x
Have to report that the Kindle is a raging success - I totally love it!

Highly recommend it if all you want is an eReader . The ease of downloading books is superb, and the classics and many many more are totally free.

Couldn't be better
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-10-2010, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Highly recommend it if all you want is an eReader . The ease of downloading books is superb, and the classics and many many more are totally free.
But is it easy to read can you change the contrast and font size and is the format portrait or landscape I saw some demos on TV and it seemed they are all portrait which seemed crazy to me 'cos you have to move eyes down far more than if it was landscape (Less words on a line)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >