Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helen&Lucy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-07-2006, 04:36 PM

Please Help - Agility

hi

ive not actually competed as yet but i have entered out first competetion..... but im told i need to get my og measured....... please help!!! how do i go about this, who can i contact, is this true???

EEK HELP!!! THANKS H & L X X X
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2006, 06:59 PM
Regulation H(1)(B).5.

1. Dogs competing in mini / midi height categories must be measured for competition. Competitors must ensure that their dog is measured prior to their first competition and that the dog’s Agility Record Book has been signed and dated by the measuring officials.
2. Dogs entered for competition must be measured before they compete at their first agility test*. Dogs must be a minimum of 15 months old before the first official measurement takes place. (Dogs incapable of being measured at the time they are presented to the measuring officials will not be eligible for competition until such time that the official measurement has been successfully carried out.)
3. A second and final official measurement must be carried out on the dog between 12 and 24 months after the first.
4. The dog’s signed Agility Record Book must be available for inspection by the Show Management and / or the Judge on the date of any competition entered by the owner/handler.
5. The Kennel Club will nominate officials authorised to measure dogs for competition and to sign the Agility Record Book. The record book must be notated ‘mini’ or ‘midi’ as determined by the official measurement.
6. Two authorised officials must carry out the measurement together and must use a measuring device approved by the Kennel Club.
7. Measurement must be carried out on a level and even surface.
8. Measurement of the dog’s height will be taken from the ground to the highest point of the withers. The dog must be standing squarely with all four legs on the ground, neither stretched nor crouched. The dog’s head should be in a natural position.
9. Measuring devices will be of a fixed ‘hoop’ type and must be of a type approved by the Kennel Club. A separate measuring device is required for measuring each of mini and midi dogs.
10. Dogs presented for measurement should be wearing a collar and must be under the control of the owner / handler. Dogs presented for measurement that cannot be controlled by the owner / handler will not be measured.
11. A dog will be eligible to compete in the mini / midi height category only after the official measurement has been carried out. Where a dog is measured out of the height category in which it has been entered it is permissible, at the discretion of the organising club, for entries to be altered in order that the dog can compete at the correct height category.
12. If, at the time of the second official measurement, a dog is found to be eligible for a different height category than originally attested to, awards received at licensed tests up to the date of the second measurement will stand.
13. In the event of a dispute over the measuring procedure the Kennel Club will evaluate whether there are grounds for appeal. The owner / handler of the dog may appeal in writing to the Kennel Club, but must do so within 90 days of the disputed measure having taken place. Any appeal must be accompanied by a written statement from the owner/handler of the dog with a brief description as to the ground for the appeal and must be accompanied by the appropriate fee.
14. Show management must ensure that approved measuring devices are available at licensed agility tests to permit ‘official’ dog measuring to take place if required.

* Dogs already competing at the time the new rules come into place will have a grace period up to 1st September 2005 after which all dogs competing in mini / midi categories must have been measured. (21/06/04)
That was the press release in 2004

Your dog has to have an agility record book BTW

If your dog isn't a midi or mini he/she doesn't have to be measured
muttsrus
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-07-2006, 07:06 PM
where abouts are you and what show have you entered, the kc have said that all dogs must be measured if they are new to competing, you can get the correct book from the kc go onto their website and you will find it under publications kc agility book, £1.50 sometimes the measurers have spare books you need to either have a pic of your dog for the book or the microchip number, you then can get your dog measured there are quite a few shows that have measures available they charge you around 2.00 to get your dog measured and they then tell you if your dog is small, medium or large your dog can be measured at 15 months of age and then again a year later ( i think this bit is correct) if you go onto one of the agility web sites and ask on the forum if anyone is measuring at the show you are going to or maybe someone near you has organised a measuring session near you.
i may of missed something off i am sure some one will add anything i have missed off
carol
muttsrus
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-07-2006, 07:06 PM
must of been typing this the same time
carol
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2006, 07:08 PM
lololololol