Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2021, 07:37 AM

Daily Chat Wednesday 15th September

Good morning everyone

Good luck with the car Kelly.

Poor Gary but why didn't someone go and check before this if you have been complaining about the heat. Hope all is soon fixed and he is happy once again Chris.

Hope Dillon was good during the night Lynn

Lovely day here. Barry has the dentist this morning so will take the opportunity to get her ladyship some more biscuits.

Well the saga of the kitchen units continued yesterday. Ben got a message that delivery would be between 4-8pm so off I go to be there by 4.00. Ben followed once he has finished work and there we waited. Just before 8.00pm he gets a call to say they will be there in an hour. They eventually got there at 9,15pm so I had been there for over 5 hours! Good thing I had taken a book Still all delivered now and just got to check everything which we will do on Saturday. Had a look round and the boiler has been installed now waiting for it all to be plumbed in and the flue put through the roof.

Hope all are well. Take care.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2021, 08:17 AM
Good morning Sue and all to follow. Have a good day and stay safe and well. Lynn, hope you had a better night with Dillon and got more sleep yourself.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2021, 10:07 AM
Morning all
Eeeekkkk, long day for you Sue!
Chris, hope Gary gets everything sorted to his satisfaction
Just going to pop to town in a bit and grab a few bits so will let Jason know I won't be around for an hour or so
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2021, 10:15 AM
Morning peeps been sweeping the stairs and the bit by the outside door this morning. Someone has to do it. I don't mind gives me something to do. Have a good afternoon peeps.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-09-2021, 10:29 AM
Morning Sue, Moyra, griff, brenda and all to follow.
Not to bad a night last night did same as night before and he slept till 4 am. We had to be up early as Gorden has gone onto to meet his new students and do some face to face lecturing just him a room with a few students at a time. He has gone armed with 4 face masks one for the journey up 2 for lecturing so he can change halfway through and one for on the way home. Anti bac wipes kitchen roll to dry his hands, and of course hand sanitising gel.
He got the very early train up it was almost empty he said and he is catching the 6.20 pm train back in the hopes that will be fairly empty to. Makes it a long day but first one into London in 18 months and he doesn't do another one face to face again till December. Everything else will still be remote.
We have looked into the figures and if our calculations are right he may well retire in March not in July we will only miss on out a c ouple of hundred pounds overall if he does it earlier. Retiring a full a year early he should work till 66 we might as well do it and enjoy our life again.
I've got used to having him under my feet.

Gosh Chris glad they are getting the heating problem sorted how awful having to live to hot. At least if it's cold you can wrap up.
Sue what a saga glad it's all sorted now.
griff enjoy your short trip into town.
Morning Moyra. Hope you're keeping well.

Stay safe everyone.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2021, 10:47 AM
Good morning all.

Lynn Time is something you can't repeat; so I say make the most of it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-09-2021, 12:32 PM
Our thoughts to Kazz. If financially you can manage make the most of life.
I think covid has taught us a lot.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2021, 02:21 PM
Afternoon, peeps, pleased to hear you and Dillon had a better night. Just put the bins out for collection tomorrow and I don't know if some of you remember that I was going to get them professionally cleaned but it got sort of poo pood, anyway put them out and yep crawlers on the lid of one of them. Makes me feel ill seeing them. Yuk and I used to be, a long time ago, a fisher woman using them. Ooo yuk. Waiting to hopefully see my friend Margaret today if her meeting at work doesn't over run. Bye for now.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2021, 03:12 PM
Ewwwwwwwww, I use olbas oil in the bins to keep flies away Brenda
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2021, 05:47 PM
Good evening all.

Nice day today

The leak is now fixed. The kitchen cupboard doors are due to be fixed on Friday and the heater should be fixed next Wednesday. We can only live in hope.

Gary a bit happier. Amazing that after his meltdown with the care manager things have started to move. Whether this will last is another matter. I hope so because he really does love living there despite the problems