Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2021, 07:23 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, 12th Sptember, 2021

Good morning folks, trust you and your four legged friends are all well. Lynn, hope you had a better night's sleep with Dillon.

Have a good day all, take it easy and stay safe and well. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2021, 08:41 AM
Morning Moyra
Up early awaiting my call to say the car is an hour away...I daren't move incase they haven't called my dad to tell him it's an hour away. Dogs are fed and back asleep, all hell will break loose when the truck arrives lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-09-2021, 09:06 AM
Morning Moyra, griff and all to follow.
Not a bad day again weather wise.

Good luck griff with receiving the car.

Dillon woke at 1.15 am tried to settle couldn't so I gave him some Pardale (2) around 1.40. He came in from outside and settled quickly, I stayed up till 3 to make sure he was settled and he let me go to bed and stay there till 6 am.
I have stopped the Zylkene it stopped working after 3 nights and gives him upset tummy. The vivitonin seems to stop him from being depressed so we shall carry on with that he has more bounce since being on it and his eyes are brighter.
2 weeks ago when all the family were here he didn't interact at all but he would now if visitors came so that's working.
I am not going to give the Pardale in the morning and tea time I will give it lunch time and later in the evening hoping that gets him through the night.
Will try to stick to the 2 tablets twice daily without having to give 3 twice daily which Katherine said we could if we felt he needed it.
Also eliminated food later he is not necessarily hungry, so we think the route cause is pain the Pardale has worn off during the night.
So we start trying another regime tonight to see if that works.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday and are staying safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2021, 09:10 AM
Lynn, good luck for Tonight, I remember when Kota slipped her disc.....aside from the worry the sleep disturbance was the worst.....that constant feeling of tiredness that you can't shake.
Just got my call, car will be here in about 40 minutes
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2021, 12:34 PM
Car came back... sounds awful... just like before, I think I can get the parts for around £780...well, that's only 2 injectors but it's only throwing codes for 1 and 4 so should be o.k until I can get some more
SEGB
New Member!
Female 

12-09-2021, 03:23 PM
Lynn I don't often post but always read so I wondered if these might be any help for Dillon, we used to give our old boy a supplement called Aktivait for cognitive behaviour. I know it doesn't work for all dogs but it really helped our Rufus, we felt that we got him back for while.

Sue
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-09-2021, 05:38 PM
Thank you Sue I have read about the Aktivait.
We are not sure now it is early dementia, so will be giving him his Pardale (painkiller) later tonight than usual and see if that helps him sleep, if not will look again at the Aktivait or possibly Selegiline after speaking to the vet again.
I think the Selegiline is a prescription drug the Aktivait is a supplement.
Thank you for posting and the recommendation much appreciated.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2021, 08:47 PM
Hi SEGB, Aktivait is a fantastic supplement
Yes Lynn, you are correct.... selegiline is prescription only, I think there's another prescription one...it starts with an "A" I think....let's hope the later dose painkiller helps.
I swear I am going to scream.... bloody tumble dryer broke....no power, checked fuse, tried a different socket and the washer works fine so the tumble dryer has decided now is a good time to die! Then the pilot light went out on the boiler...it was warm enough here but had washing to dry...took me 15 minutes to get it to stay lit, I am not touching anything else!