Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2021, 07:45 AM

Daily Thread Monday 6th September 2021

Morning all
Off to see Molly, will be doing her tomorrow and then finished for a week or so...bless her
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-09-2021, 08:30 AM
Morning griff bet you will be glad of the rest even though you will miss Molly,

Over to the vet later to pick up the vivitonin wonder how much this lot will cost ?
Do a bit of shopping and order Michael's 80th Birthday present. My niece feels he likes Jura journey whiskey so will get a bottle of that and a nice engraved glass.

Other than that not a lot bit of tidying.

Stay safe everyone.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-09-2021, 08:37 AM
Well someone had to do it and it wern't me. Sue lost a garage roller door remote key fob. So had to order another then program it in to the control unit. Just got to wait now for the new fob to arrive. Thank goodness when the doors were installed we were given 2 fobs for each door
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2021, 11:33 AM
Good morning all
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2021, 11:42 AM
Lynn, yes I am tired ..I will still see Molly before I go back to walk her...maybe Monday
Oh dear Barry.... These things happen
Had a lovely walk with Molly, fair weather walkers were about though so we stayed well back... woman shouting for the dogs, no response, tooting on a whistle.....nothing, shouldn't have been off the lead really.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2021, 11:46 AM
Good afternoon all

You will be able to rest for a bit Kelly even though you will miss Molly

Hope you find what you want Lynn

Busy morning again. Ben had a message from the builders last night could he meet the electrian and 8.00 am this morning so left home at 7.30 and got back at 9.45 as Ben had work. Changed two beds and washed one lot. The other is waiting until I change one more bed and will wash them overnight to put out tomorrow. Just the ironing to do this afternoon and then take Paul home the evening.

Hope all are well. The care.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2021, 11:56 AM
Good afternoon all.

Yay, finally we have sunshine and finally we have reclaimed our town from the tourists. Lovely this morning.

Lots of dogs about. Lots of the 'he's OK, he's friendly' brigade too
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-09-2021, 02:07 PM
We met a lovely dog today BeaglexRetriever Dillon loved him he was so nice and well behaved, fair weather walkers are the worst.
Glad you have reclaimed the ton back Chris.
Wow Sue another busy busy day for you.
I have been sat in the garden reading in the sun. Till we decided to do the mathematics of early retirement and cancelling insurance.

Didn't go out in the end, the Vivitonin was due in around lunchtime but no call yet, have to wait for them to be unpacked and that's if they have been delivered today I guess. mind you he isn't doing to bad on the Zylkene so not in a particular hurry.
Will go tomorrow instead our roads are a mess at the moment so do not fancy getting caught up in rush hour traffic on top of all the roadwork traffic to.
We have instead been doing our figures based on Gorden's retirement figures. Looks like he will hand his notice in at Christmas he has to give 3 months and retire March next year. Before his 65th Birthday.

Looked into figures regards Dillon's insurance and we are seriously thinking about cancelling when this last op is paid for. It went up just over £44 in February probably due to age and the two emergency ops he had in the September.
If it goes up that much again it will be over £200 a month and we cannot claim for his Librela or Pardale as it is a pre existing condition. Those two things alone come to under what we pay to the insurance plus we pay the 20% of any claim now and the £95 excess.
Given his age and his legs we are not looking long term now and there would be lots of possibilities that would be invasive which we wouldn't put him through at his age now.
If his kidneys need treatment by the time Gorden retires we will have a lump sum in the bank and there is no way we think a lot of that would be needed for medication. Plus we feel we will not have by March anyway due to his legs his mobility is getting quite bad.
He liked his stroll today but came back on the path to home through the park both paws he was dragging his nails and it's almost all the time and he stumbles most days to indoors and out. I know it sounds awful but 6 months is a long way off and all the drugs are not going to improve his problems just maintain them.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2021, 03:11 PM
Lynn your plan sounds good. if you cancelled for Oct what you would have saved £1200 by March a no brainer I think.

Love your idea of retirement and I really do think if you can you should and live a little or a lot.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2021, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Good afternoon all.

Yay, finally we have sunshine and finally we have reclaimed our town from the tourists. Lovely this morning.

Lots of dogs about. Lots of the 'he's OK, he's friendly' brigade too
Yeah I am always wary of "he's okay" shouts maybe its me being a Stafford owner.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >