View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2021, 09:53 AM
Good morning all been out with Gert twice and two lots of washing on the line. A good start to the day with gorgeous walks, going to attempt to empty the pots in the garden and then change the compost and replant for winter. Of course I have to buy the compost first but waiting till the children go back to school heaving everywhere at the moment it seems.

Sue Busy busy I imagine the appointment for Ben could simply be someone cancelled seems to be the way at the moment, have a busy way.

Brenda Hope you have as nice a walk as I did;

Moyra You are right, lovely warmer weather here today hence the washing on the line. Have a good day my friend.

Lynn Pleased the evening went well and Dillon seems to be doing well with the medication wonder if its just at the right time to have the most effect. But very pleased all is good, did they get back to Spain safely and when do you expect to see them again?

Griff Dog walking appears to be the order of the day, have a nice afternoon.
Well that's me for a bit catch you all later.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2021, 11:25 AM
Good afternoon all.

Still cloudy this morning, but much brighter. The sun is now trying hard to break through.

A lot quieter in town too now so much more enjoyable.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2021, 11:28 AM
Oops! posted on the other thread before I saw there were two. Not a lot to say though as it's rare we do owt different
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-09-2021, 12:03 PM
Sounds a lovely day Kazz.
They got back to Spain safely thank you. Christmas hoping for a visit again.
Dillon doing ok he started off well today on his legs but within minutes you can see he is having trouble. We know nothing can make them right now but at least for now he is managing well enough.

Hope it gets brighter Chris and glad the crowds are easing.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2021, 03:25 PM
It has Lynn. Much nicer when the sun shines.

When Sam started having problems with walking, we took a towel out with us and looped it under his belly to support him on the way home. It helped him a lot
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2021, 04:04 PM
Good idea as long as you don't press too hard on dinkles.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-09-2021, 04:05 PM
Good idea Chris one I will keep in mind.
He does have a handle on his harness so if he needs a hand in future that hopefully will help.
We have done some gardening and also sat in the garden for some time. Got a lot of washing dry to.

Been working out the maths regards Dillon's insurance. His joints aren't covered so we pay for everything regards medication, and if anything big goes wrong now we are not sure we would put him through more anaesthetic he has found it hard recovering from the last one a few weeks ago regards his paw. He is insured regards if he had an accident but we are asking ourselves would we put him through it recovery with his joints would be a long hard process.
We pay £164.68 monthly a £95 excess and 20% of any claim now. We are questioning whether to continue with it as we cannot claim for any meds now
regards his arthritis and if we needed to claim for his kidneys would it be cheaper to pay it ourselves rather than the excess and 20%.
Will have a chat with our vet in the week and see what she thinks.
Decisions decisions.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-09-2021, 04:07 PM
Lol brenda would be very careful regards his dinkles.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2021, 04:21 PM
Lynn I think you are on the right lines thinking wise.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-09-2021, 04:59 PM
I think we are to Kazz but it's horrible and worrying thinking about it, we have never been without insurance for our dogs and unfortunately needed it.
Thinking about it realistically though we seem to be paying for something we do not use.
Working it out medication comes to a little over what we pay for his insurance and he is at the stage now anything else big we would be considering not doing due to his age the decline of his back legs.
Our vet has already said anything now is not long term and we are maintaning him.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2