Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-09-2021, 08:55 AM

Saturday 4.09.21.

Good morning everyone.
Feeling a little more human today. Dillon barked at 2 am so I got up and slept on the sofa.
No whining, barking or panting. He slept till nearly 7 this morning.
Only started the Zylkene yesterday with his lunchtime feed.
Fingers crossed we have found something for him to settle him at night. Wondering if he will need the Vivitonin ordered for him collecting Monday.
We have another two days to make a firm decision, wishing I had ordered them instead of the Melatonin now.

We are out for a meal tonight at a pub near Michael and Margaret. Our middle brother wanted to meet we only meet at funerals now, he reached out although he has always been the one who has kept his distance in the past.
Unfortunately Michael and Margaret cannot make it,so it will be Gorden and myself, he is stopping at Michael's on the way to say hello to them as they cannot make the meal.
He can be very argumentative so hoping he behaves himself.

Hope everyone has a good day today and are keeping well.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2021, 11:12 AM
Good afternoon Lynn and anyone else who pops in.

Same old same old and, unfortunately, same old weather. Very murky again.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-09-2021, 11:26 AM
Hi Chris, yesterday and today quite nice here for a change.

Hope your day improves.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2021, 11:57 AM
Good afternoon all

Been busy this morning went to buy some new net curtains and the shop is shut although it says opening time from 25.8.21 so that's twice now they have not opened so will go elsewhere Shame really also had my business there; I rang each time and they confirmed they would be open the shop next door said they have not opened at all and fid up of people asking Opps his sister who ran the shop after the Mother was brilliant but he seems to be a loose link.

Just adding this in watching on TV Ultimate airport Dubai and it got my attention because they confiscated a note book and some bits pieces as they said the person would be making "Black Magic" with them and its against the law in Dubai got my attention in 2021 imagine they were all really concerned as well.

Well off track there the nail cutters for Gert have come and have for the first ever time in my life trimmed a dogs nails well one foot and one nail on the other foot but no issues at all due to the sciatica and bending I am dong it when she is in the back of the car and level almost with me so all good by the next walk all front should be done and some of the back but they looks to be okay actually will see. Well chuffed with myself have to do a bit more road walking as well I think as never an issue before?

Lynn Hope the evening goes well maybe your brother has had a wake up call with covid and Michaels wife being poorly and realises family is important. Hope this is a good sign for Dillon maybe him getting into a routine of sleeping will help as well - relearning.

Chris How is everything? is the new equipment working at the flat?
and how's the pup getting on did the pushchair come out again?

Griff Sounds like everything is going well.

Brenda Lodgers welcome. LOL

Sue Glad all went well and the journey was alright.

Moyra Did you ever hear back about your eye test?

That's me for now catch you later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-09-2021, 12:30 PM
Afternoon Kazz it's funny isn't it Dubai has amazing buildings state of the art, but the way they think can be very don't like to say the word backward but for want of a better word is all I can think of.
Well done on the nail trimming.
Shame the shop wasn't open again Kazz, hope you find somewhere else to buy the curtains.

Yes and also losing Gill I think has played on his mind. Mind you when she was alive he didn't text or call to see how she was then goes off the deep end when you let him know how ill she is. At one point Gill didn't want him to know as he didn't keep in touch.
He told us not to send Birthday cards for his daughters our nieces, got cross with mum when she was a day or two late with a Birthday card for one of her Granddaughters and gave her the card and money back.
I think like you say age, losing people and he feels he wants to be in touch again. He really isn't easy to get on with and him and Michael have had a very volatile relationship, so bad that if one drove over to see mum and dad and the other ones car was parked outside already the other one would turn round and go home.
Dad caught him once and flagged him down and ordered him indoors to shake hands with his brother they were both their sons and how much it upset mum.
Gosh it has been hard work sometimes. Hopefully tonight will be fine.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2021, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Afternoon Kazz it's funny isn't it Dubai has amazing buildings state of the art, but the way they think can be very don't like to say the word backward but for want of a better word is all I can think of.
Well done on the nail trimming.
Shame the shop wasn't open again Kazz, hope you find somewhere else to buy the curtains.

Yes and also losing Gill I think has played on his mind. Mind you when she was alive he didn't text or call to see how she was then goes off the deep end when you let him know how ill she is. At one point Gill didn't want him to know as he didn't keep in touch.
He told us not to send Birthday cards for his daughters our nieces, got cross with mum when she was a day or two late with a Birthday card for one of her Granddaughters and gave her the card and money back.
I think like you say age, losing people and he feels he wants to be in touch again. He really isn't easy to get on with and him and Michael have had a very volatile relationship, so bad that if one drove over to see mum and dad and the other ones car was parked outside already the other one would turn round and go home.
Dad caught him once and flagged him down and ordered him indoors to shake hands with his brother they were both their sons and how much it upset mum.
Gosh it has been hard work sometimes. Hopefully tonight will be fine.

I hope his daughters understand that I suspect they know him as well as you do though.

Good on your Dad (one of the few people I imagine either of your brothers would listen too)

My Moms two brothers were the same apparently Arthur the eldest son and Arnie 3rd child the resentment made worse as s the eldest child and a son Arthur almost walked on water and his 5 sisters my Mom included all deferred and sided with him.

Siblings and families so much history.....hope all goes well.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2021, 01:20 PM
Lol Lynn, sounds like my brother!! Hopefully all will be well this Evening
Kazz, how bizarre the shop saying they will be open and then not opening...odd
I am apparently having to take a photo for my mum's passport... this will be interesting!!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2021, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Lol Lynn, sounds like my brother!! Hopefully all will be well this Evening
Kazz, how bizarre the shop saying they will be open and then not opening...odd
I am apparently having to take a photo for my mum's passport... this will be interesting!!
Griff It could be worse she could be trying to take yours

Yes very odd but for the response of the shop next door I would think a fluke but seems more common than not.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2021, 01:35 PM
I am watching The railway children love this film and just had a message of three of my four nieces to say they are watching one of "Nans film" the fourth niece is at work.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2021, 02:04 PM
Lol....true kazz, mind you I tend to turn out o.k in pictures, I don't like my photo being taken but I am pretty lucky that I tend to come out o.k, I am still waiting...god knows what she's doing, I need to walk the bloody dogs yet! Steve will be ringing soon too so she's had it lol
I think I have only seen the railway children once all the way through...not a bad film!
Shirley valentine is repeated this Sunday afternoon so hopefully I will be awake this time lol
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >