Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2021, 11:17 AM

Daily Thread; Friday 3rd September 2021

Good afternoon all

Thought as I was home today would post and start.

Have started here to clear out the rooms I did when Mom died but have not done anymore since really until last few weeks, I have taken 16 bags to the charity shop and 11 to the skip.

Have given photos and photo albums to my brother and sister and their families and my cousins (IF THEIR PARENTS ETC ON THEM).

Have given three of my late aunts albums to the church she attended as she was a choir and Sunday school teacher there as well as teacher in the school back in the late 50's for their 150th anniversary next year photo wall. (apparently gone down well) she collected photos/letters from the church as well so they were well chuffed according to the email received yesterday.

Now slowly working my way through and then sorting the room out I have rooms I don't use because they have over time become set up for family/old age use.

Quite an adventure actually.

So that's me people have a good day yourselves and hope everyone is doing well.

And is anyone else considering switching the heating back on?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-09-2021, 12:02 PM
Afternoon Kazz sounds like the albums etc., have gone down really well.

Just back from collecting some Zylkene from the vet but the Vivitonin they hadn't got in stock so have ordered some should be in Monday.
We can start the Zylkene though and see if that starts to help with his sleeping going back to somewhere near normal.
Bit expensive from the vet so will order online in future and possibly a prescription in the future for the Vivitonin to depending on the price.
Roads were bl**dy awful took me ages there and back.
Having a coffee and a corned beef sandwich now.

Stay safe everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2021, 12:58 PM
Afternoon
Kazz, our heating has been on a few times but it was on for the early morning today....I still had my bedroom window open though.
Lynn, I didn't see much difference in diez with zyklene but hers was for firework fear.....fingers crossed it works for Dillon
Walked Molly, Steve's neighbours son was there with his kids...good god, some people should be sterilised before they can breed!! He did nothing but shout at the kids and to be honest....I couldn't understand a word of what he was saying, sounded like a neanderthal man... couldn't form words. Steve has heard him calling one of the kids a c*nt.....first time I hear that, I am knocking on the door
Chris, yes .. Steve does appreciate me, I had a lovely time with him and Molly on Monday and he called me to see if I got home o.k.....that's a first. He also offered to buy me some new trainers the other week....but I only wear them when walking the dogs
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2021, 01:15 PM
Hate that sort of language. Kazz it is really hot here. If you ever fancy a lodger. lol!!
Just watched neighbours, there's a thing? Have a good afternoon all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-09-2021, 01:34 PM
No accouting for some people griff.
We have 10 days worth so hopefully might start to see a difference and when we get the vivitonin both together may work better.
There are other things but harsher drugs which Katherine is hoping to avoid.
Us to but if he doesn't start sleeping soon we may have to resort to them, we will give these a good try first.
I took over some treats the vets and staff are amazing, donuts, cupcakes, grapes, crisps and some nice lemonades.
Katie took them in next thing I know Simon Katherine's husband and owner came out to say I was a life saver he was starving, I said hasn't Katherine fed you yet. They have been in since 4.30 am. Calling clients after a full days work all vets till 8 pm.
They are taking on no clients not enough vets and hard to source also shortage of drugs to.
He sacked more clients in 3 months than in the 8 years they have been open due to some being rude on the phone because they cannot get an appointment the same for nail clipping and reducing his staff to tears.
He is such a mild mannered man so for him to resort to sacking clients they must of been bad.
We are very appreciative of the care Dillon has always had and gets now things are very difficult. So a little spoiling never goes amiss in my book.

We keep our heating off as long as possible due to Dillon not liking the heat especially as he is getting older.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2021, 01:41 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Hope they help Dillon Lynn and you can both get a bit more sleep

Happy sorting of rooms Kazz

Pleased Steve is thinking of your Kelly as you are so good to him

Afternoon Brenda

Having a lazy day today after yesterdays 9.5hours round drive. Was nice to see a lot of people I knew but not happy under such sad circumstances.

Hope all are well. are care.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2021, 04:40 PM
Good afternoon.

Yet another dry but miserable day here.

We have storage heater, but the hall one has been on for over a week now. It's so difficult to work out when to put them on, but the hall heater alone has kept the bungalow just right. No doubt the weather will eventually turn and we'll get caught out

Just our same old same old here. It's a good thing I enjoy our routine