Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tattoogirl73
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-09-2011, 08:42 PM

Cats out overnight

Well, I'm taking the plunge and letting my three cats stay out overnight for the first time tonight. I've been letting them out for a couple of hours each night for last few weeks, each night letting them stay out longer. Each night it's got harder to get them back in, so I've decided to let them stay out. We live on a country lane, that has less than half a dozen cars go up it at night, and we're surrounded by fields, so ideal for them to go out and play. Will miss my living hot water bottles tonight. Opie will have to go out on his lead for his toilet trips till they come back in. Guess who won't sleep well tonight?
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Mine have started going out all night since we moved into our new house - and well, I didn't sleep well After a few weeks though, the novelty seems to have worn off for two of them. They come in at about 10pm and thats them in for the night. My third cat still loves all the freedom and is out at all hours. Good luck and I hope you get some sleep tonight
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2011, 11:09 PM
dont worry..as the nights get colder they will be back to being your hot water bottles...they will be dirty stopouts come spring though
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2011, 11:22 PM
I'm a mean cat mum, because mine go outside at night most of the year. Well, apart from really cold nights in the winter when I'm nice and shut them in the conservatory with the heating on.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2011, 06:20 AM
Im sure they will be OK, we have one that will go out at night the others get on the dogs bed and snuggle down but these don't go far TBH, 2 out of the 4 never go out of the garden, and the other two come straight away when called so they can not be far away
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-09-2011, 06:40 AM
I try really hard to get my cats in before I go to bed otherwise chilli will come home at around 3-4am and sit and meow right outside my bedroom window until I let him in.
tattoogirl73
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-09-2011, 07:46 AM
I checked on them at midnight, and they all came running in. Bryan with a mouse in his mouth that I had to then dispose of -( they were quite happy to stay in then, so I had my living hot water bottles back, and meant I didn't lose sleep worrying
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2011, 09:34 AM
When we cat sat for my BiL who has a Bengal cat - he didn't want to come in so we left him out - 3am he started meowing - and Bengals have a more annoying meow than other cats - still he's my favourite - he can play fetch

Your night was like mine then (see dogs section)