Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2009, 02:34 PM

On a bit of a downer

I am having one of those off days, where I am really missing my family and friends (they all live 150+ miles away). It happens every so often. Even though I love my life, where I live, hubby and kids etc, every so often I just get a real longing to be back at home in South Cumbria/North Lancashire

Oh well, I am sure it will pass!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-08-2009, 02:42 PM
(((Hugs))) I am sure you must get days like your'e having today. But what a view you wake up too.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Normally I flash my boobs when people are feeling down but somehow I get the feeling this wouldn't be enough.

So, I'll just empathise with you (I went away backpacking for 2 years on my own and whilst I was always with people, I have never felt more lonely) and give you a hug instead xx
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Aww - could you not plan a visit?
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I am having one of those off days, where I am really missing my family and friends (they all live 150+ miles away). It happens every so often. Even though I love my life, where I live, hubby and kids etc, every so often I just get a real longing to be back at home in South Cumbria/North Lancashire

Oh well, I am sure it will pass!
i feel like that too hun,but in reverse ,i feel lonely and i long to move to cornwall but feel trapped,but thats one more wonder of having dogs,(i know this is non-dog chat)when i feel down i 'dissapear with them. ((((((hugs.x)))))
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
(((Hugs))) I am sure you must get days like your'e having today. But what a view you wake up too.
yep!! defo to that,i live in london! (albeit south-west and quite pretty in places)
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Normally I flash my boobs when people are feeling down but somehow I get the feeling this wouldn't be enough.

So, I'll just empathise with you (I went away backpacking for 2 years on my own and whilst I was always with people, I have never felt more lonely) and give you a hug instead xx
oh! please dont i that! i think its more likely to make people cry,or blind them! (just joking pidge)
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Aaaawwww Kirsty this isn't like you
I hope you soon start to feel happier, we are all here for you.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Just goes to show Kirsty, you never really can have it all can you, and missing family and friends must be the worst, it's bad enough to make people give up the perfect life abroad to come back to this drab old hole and I could never understand that.

Why don't you plan ahead and maybe make a point of taking just one day off every so often, even if it's every 3 months or something, a certain Saturday maybe every 3 months, to just take yourself off, drive those 150 miles and visit those you miss? That gives you something to look forward to at times like this, thinking it won't be long before you see them all again, whereas as it is, you probably just never know when that will be do you?

It could never happen to me, I never have and never would miss my family, and my friends would definitely be visiting regularly coz they're like that, and I'd probably never get rid of them!! So maybe think yourself lucky that they don't all descend on you in your beautiful, peaceful haven up there, where to me, you really DO have it all!

I hope it's a passing phase and will pass quickly, which I'm sure it will once you get out with those gorgeous dogs later on today
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Just wanted to send you a hug K. 'This too shall pass' and you will feel heaps better. Phone them and tell them...it will make them love you all the more xxx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Thanks everyone I feel tons better now. I took the dogs on a new walk - which was gorgeous, and then took Ben to the park, which he loved

Pidge - PMSL! (and thanks for the hug instead of the boobs, athough I am sure they are very nice lol)

Thanks to everyone else for your words of support, they really do mean a lot
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2009, 08:24 PM
oh, Hun, as you say, there must be times when you will feel like this. I'm sure having a great time with your sis and then her going home probably didn't help (and now I feel really guilty moaning that I had to spend time with family this weekend!).

Glad to hear you're feeling better though - Dogsey if very good for that
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >