Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2021, 09:21 AM

Lockdown needn't be a downer.

When I moved I left behind many friends that I saw each day up my local park. Now I have settled in, sort of, I get a lot of joy walking along the beach and seeing many other different dogs playing. Lots of people say good morning and some even stop to speak so that I can stroke their dogs. Yes at times I get down and think why did I move away. But my situation said go don't stay. So, yes, although I get down at times when I go for my daily walk along the beach and see all the dogs playing and all the birds doing what comes naturally to them I think yep more people should get out and walk even if it is just for a few minutes to breathe in the air and see what nature provides for us to see and marvel at. Have fun when you can even if it is a short stroll.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2021, 12:09 PM
You'll build up a new network of friends over time Brenda once this pandemic is over.

We have more friends here now than ever we did in Barnsley and we lived in the last house for 22 years. We knew people by sight, of course, but other than a cursory 'good morning' that was it. I couldn't tell you what any of them were called.

Don't give up hope. You will make new friends and then you'll wonder what you were so worried about
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2021, 03:17 PM
Your life is taking steps some back but a lot forward your thought of a dog training type of club will bring you lots more people that you have things in common with. Maybe look at something life volunteering with something to do with the beach like beach clean ups or similar.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2021, 03:28 PM
No sorry kazz not for me. Hands and back hurt to much so even puppy training might not be feasible. I have though just watched a very silly 45 minute long film called The Plank. The 1967 version. Green green grass on now.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2021, 03:34 PM
A lot who move here go to the village hall. Coffee mornings, bingo, crafts, indoor bowls and curling are all on offer plus loads of other stuff. All are designed for people to get to know each other.

When the pandemic is over, see if there is something similar near you. You'll soon have more friends than you know what to do with
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2021, 07:25 PM
Not for me. Sorry I just like to walk and then just see the friends I have. Then spend time reading etc.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2021, 08:46 PM
Book club perhaps?
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2021, 10:07 PM
Doubtful as don't read that quick unless it's one I get engrossed in. Have been happily watching tele finishing listening to bootleg Beatles on TV. Thanks though Chris for your lovely thoughts.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2021, 10:46 PM
Once the weather improves, you will see tonnes more people about and your old friends will hopefully pop over and see you
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2021, 10:47 PM
Brenda are you simply happy as you can be in current circumstances with your own company
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >