View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-05-2004, 06:24 AM
Your dog does need to have finished growing before you attempt the full-blown, high impact, agility courses. The non-jumping, low-strain exercises as described above should be suitable even for very young pups.

Why would your dog not be welcome at agility clubs?

Hope your husband is OK. Sounds a very painful accident.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2004, 08:15 AM
Sorry I'm sittning here hurting just reading your post about your husbands finger.

As Shadowboxer says, you could do the zig-zag (called that in Denmark) and balance on a board or something, but the jumping should wait.

Jeanette
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

25-05-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by Barbara
No, we don't call them chippies, lol. I'll have to tell him that.
lol yeah do, but its a nickname really, also we call electricians, sparkys
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2004, 05:39 PM
The electrician nickname is here. He refers to electricians instead of by name, say John, as Sparky

Bellaluna, he's shot himself a bunch of times with the nail gun. Last time he had to go to the hospital to have the nail removed from his hand

He was laughing last night about it. I was too until he showed me under the wrap
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2004, 07:39 PM
Argh the pain!!!!!!

Ouch!!!!

Jeanette
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2004, 04:14 AM
At this point he's used to it, being that he shoots himself so often lol
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2004, 06:21 AM
Yeah but still........

Jeanette
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2004, 01:33 PM
My logic is; you shoot yourself once, you NEVER do it again. Duhh, if you do it twice or more, lol

Accidents are caused by carelessness. I can't tell you how many times I've been working beneath him on our home renovations, when he's on a ladder, and he drops something down that could have clobbered me. Unsafe working practice makes me irate.
moo
Dogsey Senior

26-05-2004, 02:20 PM
i've just started doing 'flyball' with Mia, very embarassing, she's got to grips with the waiting and running to hit the pad to make the ball fly out, she can also catch the ball and bring it back, which i'm very proud of, only last night she was in one of her moods, did everything correct came running back with the ball, but would she hell as like drop it, she just kept bouncing about, letting me go near her and then running off, ops: i couldnt help but laugh, she looked so funny and was really enjoying herself, but the instructor man didnt think it was very funny at all and we got put in the 'sin bin' for 20 mins ops:
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2004, 04:51 AM
I told Glenn about that but he knew already He gets a magazine called This Old House, and there was an article about carpenters in the UK. In the article it said they call them Chippies, and it explained they called them that because they don't use power tools. Everything your carpenters do is by hand manually. The team from the magazine went to the UK with all kinds of power tools, and they distributed them on a construction job to the 'chippies' Well, they used them for the cameras, but when the cameras were off, they put them down and continued by hand! Much better workmanship that way. Here it's all about getting the job done quicker to get paid faster and move on. Quality doesn't take precendence unfortunately, money mongering prevails In the olden days they did everything by hand here. I think that's why I prefer older houses. The workmanship is unsurpassed compared to todays standards here.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >