Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2006, 03:05 PM

Parking Eye Technology - ID Fraud???

Is this legal? Doesn't it contravene data protection laws? At our local Tesco they have this in the car park and it is basically CCTV camera that photograph the numberplate on arriving and departing. If you go over the allowed time they get hold of your name and address and send out a letter.

I'm not arguing in favour of parking outside the time but surely they shouldn't have access to your personal information via a numberplate???? Talk about big brother! And this is a mere supermarket! What about ID fraud?
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2006, 03:10 PM
Whoooooooaaaaaah! Now that is creepy! wI lose track of the way people can hold information about me these days...
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2006, 03:12 PM
If you go over the allowed time they get hold of your name and address and send out a letter.

what you mean you are timed ??? how long you stay ???
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2006, 03:13 PM
As it is there property and they no doubt have a licence to collect this information I doubt they are contravening any laws. Only way is to shop elsewhere if it worries you.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2006, 03:18 PM
Yes if they allow 1 hour for shopping and you outstay your welcome they can get your name and address via the numberplate and charge you.

I will shop somewhere else as I think this is outrageous - anyone could be working for these people - but I will also be contacting an MP. Not that they'll do anything but what's the point in shredding all your details when any supermarket personnel can get your personal details?
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2006, 03:25 PM
Have you actually ask Tescos about this? I very much doubt if every employee of the firm can access your details as the only way they can get them is via the VLA and as you will discover will not give information to just anyone who asks.
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-11-2006, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
At our local Tesco they have this in the car park and it is basically CCTV camera that photograph the numberplate on arriving and departing. If you go over the allowed time they get hold of your name and address and send out a letter.
Welcome to Tony's world, where your rights of privacy, civil liberties, and a whole raft of other rights, were sold down the river long ago. Never to be seen again, I fear.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2006, 03:29 PM
Just written a letter as nobody answered their customer services
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2006, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by GSDLover View Post
Welcome to Tony's world, where your rights of privacy, civil liberties, and a whole raft of other rights, were sold down the river long ago. Never to be seen again, I fear.
I'm inclined to agree.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2006, 03:32 PM
1 hour for shopping?!?!
Is it the big Tesco's, or one of the small tesco shops?
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »