Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2019, 11:21 AM
Lynn, would this help?
http://england.shelter.org.uk/housin...iAAEgIGSvD_BwE
Maybe they would be able to see what financial help he could get? He is technically homeless, he is relying on good will to keep a roof over his head, after his bloody mother, that boy deserves a home of his own whether that's a shared house or whatever
Kazz, thanks for asking, he hasn't heard anything but apparently there's a lad who is good friends with the woman interviewing and he has applied for the job so I think we all know the outcome. I am proud of him for trying as he would never have done it before so I am having an effect on him lol
The archives was good thanks, we found out that the cavity wall is 11 inches and not 9 so we have an extra inch lol
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2019, 11:29 AM
Moyra, have they come for your car yet??
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2019, 11:51 AM
No, I don't know what to do. I e-mailed him yesterday and then later on phoned and left a message. Not going to get anything done by harassing the bloke. Steve says he will arrange for it to be MOT by a mate of his back in his old home village.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-06-2019, 12:06 PM
And therein lies the problem as Mark found when trying to get help back in Harlow for him and Joel. Go into shared accommodation with a bunch of alcoholics or drug users and believe when I worked at the young peoples centre for a short while it was soul destroying to say the least in Harlow anyway I have seen these places and no way would we want to Joel to go into one.
He has a roof in as much his girlfriends mum let him stay they would also argue he could go home getting Donna to put pen to paper saying she chucked im out would be like getting blood out of a stone can't see Tia's mum doing it either even if the end it helped plus although Mark and Lauren and us live in another County they would say he isn't homeless.

You basically have to nowhere to live and if they weren't concerned two years ago when he was 15 now he is 17 they certainly won't. We know all this from past experience.
This is why there are so many homeless young men in our country.

Thank you for the link though griff.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2019, 01:25 PM
That's so very wrong Lynn, the lad is really trying, has a job and deserves somewhere of his own. Mums friend was in care, they said they would sort her a flat...then they turned round and said no, then they chucked a young girl of 18 into a shared house with.....a man!! Luckily mum told her to contact the boss where they work at the council and she got someone to help her get more appropriate housing
Moyra, how sad..I wonder if something has happened beings as no response to messages. Hope Steve can get it MOT'd for you
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2019, 01:53 PM
So do I or I shall have to give up on her. I must get her MOT by end of next week. I also have the insurance and tax to get but no good if no MOT. I have the funds put by. I have phoned him again but no joy. I am wondering if he is now a one man band? and as a result cannot cope!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2019, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
So do I or I shall have to give up on her. I must get her MOT by end of next week. I also have the insurance and tax to get but no good if no MOT. I have the funds put by. I have phoned him again but no joy. I am wondering if he is now a one man band? and as a result cannot cope!
Maybe simply not too well or a "issue" bound to be a reasonable explanation although of no help given the situation and he is a business
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2019, 04:00 PM
Something is not quite right there Kazz. It started off at the very beginning of June, knowing the MOT was due and I had always gone to this company. Last year it cost me over £600 with welding etc to get her through. When I e-mailed it was several days before I got a reply and it was not from the usual chap I dealt with.; Anyway eventually this other chap emailed me back and said he was now in charge as he had bought the other chap out. He said he was the one who did all the welding on the car last year so he knows the car well. However, this parting of the ways with the previous guy who I knew pretty well seems to have ended badly leaving this one with too much work unless they happen to know where the other chap has gone and taken the business with him. Wish I did because he was always the one to sign the certificate?! Makes me wonder exactly what is going on.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2019, 05:25 PM
Oh dear Moyra, can you call Steve's friend and get it booked in and him take it over?
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2019, 05:50 PM
Steve cannot find his mates number but he must have it somewhere. Trouble is he only does part time now. I shall just have to see where it goes from here. Maybe one or more of Steve's friends has his number, Let us hope so! I don't know I don't like this not knowing.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >