View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2019, 05:18 PM
I have a covenant where it states no boundary fences out the front, no sheds or huts, no pigeon fowl or pigs, no caravans etc ...they have a feckin hedge out the front of their's, as I say I did try to find the company and I did ask about planning for the shed...of course you don't need it, it's just because of the covenant but because it's been there for 21 years without objection I think I should be o.k.
Also whilst walking the dog from the 16 flats and 21 houses in the same covenant I counted 10 breaches including my own so they had better enforce against the lot
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-05-2019, 05:23 PM
Griff as Chris has said:-
"and your solicitor should respond in kind with the new front boundary fence has to be moved forthwith and the building work removed forthwith.

You really do need to get more legal advice asap to sort the whole mess out
"

Chris makes a very good point. Solicitors tend to use language which is intended to frighten, it means nothing and your solicitor should respond in the same way.

Whatever you do don't despair and don't do any of the the things they say in their letter. CCTV is a legitimate security device so I can't see how they can make you remove it, if you feel it worth while just point the lens in a different direction (for now)
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-05-2019, 05:32 PM
We had covenants on the house in Harlow because it was in a conservation area.
Like you no fence on the front everyone else had one so we put one up to allow Ollie out the front while we were working, no satellite dishes we didn't have one but many did you have to move with the times.
We should of had permission to replace the old wooden framed windows that were rotting when we came to sell we had about £90 for a special piece of paper from the council agreeing they had no problems with new windows.
Lots of people were interested as no others had sought permission either.
you will probably find you will be fine even though you have covenants.
At Upwell again in a conservation area so i rang the council for a chat about new windows and he said we are aware many have replaced windows and doors and as long as you don't go to wayward we will have no objection.
New people have a satellite dish on the front of the house if anyone complains not sure what will happen but unless they upset anyone can't see it being reported.

Oh yes just remembered we weren't allowed hanging baskets at the house in Harlow on the front but we all had them no one got into trouble. I think when they are first out in force they are followed up but as time goes on these things get relaxed and as long as it's not causing distress or annoyance to others nothing is ever done.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2019, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I think when they are first out in force they are followed up but as time goes on these things get relaxed and as long as it's not causing distress or annoyance to others nothing is ever done.
I think that's the point now it is being used as a weapon to intimidate. And the law works to the letter not the meaning.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2019, 06:00 PM
I basically understood that they were put in place to protect the builders interests when they were still building and once the last plot was sold they weren't too fussed, our fence isn't cheap... it's incredibly expensive and looks very nice it's as you all say, trying to find every little thing, well they can take us to court...let them spend the money and a couple of days before I am due to go I will take the panels out but leave the posts.
I also believe that if we were taken to court about the car, what grounds do they have?? As they can get into their garden. I am just ignoring everything the letter says, likewise so are my neighbours
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2019, 06:07 PM
That's nuts about no hanging baskets...how could anyone be offended by a hanging basket lol I know my brother had to ask permission to change his windows colour and as you say, as long as they aren't bright pink or out of place... nobody is bothered
Got myself ready for a beer or 4 lol, put a nice bright dress on to cheer myself up, never had a yellow dress before... sounds horrible but it's not honest
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2019, 09:31 PM
Have had a lovely night with my friends..plenty to drink and happy days xx
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6