Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2019, 08:52 PM

Can someone stop the World I may want to get off

I am not in the slightest really political I like/agree with some of the political parties views....equally some I cannot abide others I am indifferent.

But today while getting my petrol I was chatting to a chap who said "May has resigned" I said "Oh right" then he dropped the other shoe that made me look up "Boris Johnson could end up as Prime minister" which got my attention then he said "can you see it Johnson and Trump...God help us"

Hence my comment can anyone stop the World I may want to get off shortly.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2019, 10:36 PM
Ha ha!!! Actually, I think Boris is a clever man and might make a great prime minister. He pretends to be this upper class bumbling twit, but I think it is all an act. He is highly intelligent and is nobody's fool - we could do a lot worse!! Like that dreadful man Corbyn - he reminds me of Michael Foot!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2019, 01:08 AM
Kazz, I agree...I am somewhat shocked that Boris may end up pm.... however, as Gnasher states, he is bright and I do think he actually has some balls, personally I am not keen on the man but I do get the feeling things would get done and I can't entertain the thought of Corbyn...I just want to slap him lol
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2019, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Ha ha!!! Actually, I think Boris is a clever man and might make a great prime minister. He pretends to be this upper class bumbling twit, but I think it is all an act. He is highly intelligent and is nobody's fool - we could do a lot worse!! Like that dreadful man Corbyn - he reminds me of Michael Foot!!
Maybe so in fact I do not doubt he is a clever man but there is something about him I think its because he acts the buffoon, maybe learnt behaviour but you want someone who you think/believe will be professional (for want of another word) in their approach.

But as we have no say in the party leader we sit and wait.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2019, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Kazz, I agree...I am somewhat shocked that Boris may end up pm.... however, as Gnasher states, he is bright and I do think he actually has some balls, personally I am not keen on the man but I do get the feeling things would get done and I can't entertain the thought of Corbyn...I just want to slap him lol

We shall see sometimes a dark horse comes galloping through.
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2019, 10:32 AM
Boris was a really rubbish Foreign Secretary. He is intelligent, but I don't trust his judgement. There don't seem to be any outstanding leaders at present. I'm not keen on Gove as a personality, but he has done a lot at DEFRA to push animal legislation through.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2019, 11:50 AM
How about Esther McVey or other ladies? I vote Kelly.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-05-2019, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
can anyone stop the World I may want to get off shortly.

Hi Kazz, I've been trying to get off for at least a decade I watch hardly any news on TV and the only radio I listen to is 'Classic FM' and even then I sometimes have to hit the 'off' button when they do their news summary on the hour

I've not been a supporter of my local MP (Matt Hancock) for two years since I wrote to him, not once but twice, and never even got a reply

Just about to take the terrible two for a walk, I go up past the electricity sub station to a field where someone has kindly placed a bench, from there I can see several miles (almost to Coney Weston) and the river, if there are no sheep about we'll wander down so Bruno can have a drink and Xena a bit of a swim, I might take my phone but it'll be 'off' so the world will (for an hour or two) seem like a nice peaceful place
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2019, 03:29 PM
Brenda, was that me you are suggesting for pm?? That would be madness....I have a very short temper and would probably end up chucking stuff at people in a fit of rage lol...I don't cope with stupid people very well
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2019, 05:18 PM
I think you would do brilliantly cos you look into things. If you listen to them on programmes they all lose their rag.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >