Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Don't even mention that dratted software. It used to hang my XP up. I did away with using it and went straight for direct connection cam to lappy. Still now if you google Easyshare software problem or just Easyshare software is a pain (lol) you will get zillions of results!
Hilarious. Everyone used to hate that software, it was like... why did they include this garbage? We'll call it "Hardshare" rather than "Easyshare". Didn't even work properly and was often more confusing/glitchy than helpful with "sharing".

They have mostly discontinued the software now thankfully as the cameras are mostly out of date, when they stopped supporting my software I was like "HALLELUJAH!!" and meant it, and I'm not even religious.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2014, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
I don't have any extra money either. Rosebud we have a lot in common

Vivitar products are indeed garbage though. I got one and it was
$40 purely wasted and is sitting on the shelf now covered in dust. Been used only a tiny bit, don't know if it works or not now TBH.

The camera I just bought was about $100 (on sale) and is a GE "mock SLR" so surely it will be bulky cheap crap, but this one I currently have is on it's last leg, I can kinda tell. I'll make it work.

Most cameras can perform decently in full sunlight so I think I'll be all right.
beg to disagree. it is easy to use and perfect for my needs. .,the photos are excellent. garbage it is not!

really!!!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2014, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
beg to disagree. it is easy to use and perfect for my needs. .,the photos are excellent. garbage it is not!

really!!!!
The thing is Rosebud - the OP (Myra) wants OPINIONS. And everyone's opinion is valuable. Just because you were happy with your Vivitar, doesn't mean everyone who had one was!

And the OP herself has had one! It is her you are responding to! You might not AGREE with what she thinks about them, but her opinion of them is as valid as yours.

Her thinking they are crap is not a personal attack on you. It is her opinion. If she thinks Vivitar are garbage because she has owned one herself - that's perfectly valid.

Perhaps you would care to read some third party opinions about Vivitar (which you can find if you google for Reviews of Vivitar Cameras) on any photography interest forum.

These days Vivitar sells low end rubbish and they don't even produce much themselves, just stick their brand on cheap OEM cameras. Unfortunately for them a once great name in photography has become tarnished because of the quality of what they now sell.
Buy a second hand Canon instead Vivitar is the worst of the worst.
It's a piece of sh*t! AVOID Vivitar, GE, Benq, Kodak and Praktica at all costs. If you're on a budget, Fujifilm isn't a bad place to start.
Vivitar is good for a future paperweight.
And an Amazon feedback for a Vivitar camera
DO NOT BUY THIS RUBBISH EVEN IF OFFERED AT 1P
Zillions of complaints that it has terrible audio and video quality (something Myra will be concerned about as she takes many videos) requires you to buy batteries and takes ages to come on.

As with the OP's opinion of Easyshare (coincides with mine and that of a zillion other people who've actually bought one) it's not just her - it is many many other people who've bought Vivitar and experts who review them.

You might be happy with yours. Doesn't mean it's a good recommendation for Myra.

Overriding all that SHE HAS HAD ONE! And thought it was rubbish!

Same as, like me, she has had a Kodak Easyshare and was totally unimpressed. Doesn't matter that Malka thought it was the bees knees. She didn't, I didn't, and nor did countless others who bought one. The dodgy software bundle that came with it is FAMOUS on the web!

Must say I had to smile a little when you said you had an Easyshare and it was FINE but it DIED!

LOL - how can it be FINE if it DIED? I've got some old cameras I've had for DECADES and they still work!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2014, 05:17 PM
Yes, to me that camcorder was a PURE waste of money. I HAVE the camera, I didn't get rid of it (who'd want it anyway) and it's just a piece of useless garbage.

Never did anything for me. I wanted it for mostly outdoor videos of the pets, but it was so fuzzy and over-saturated that it was useless. Nearly EVERY SINGLE Vivitar product on Amazon has a poor rating of 3 stars or LESS and loads of complaints. I have to agree with the complaints, admittedly.

They are very cheap, sure, but even for me... someone who doesn't have a lot of money, they are TOO cheap. Some people have had good experiences with them, of course... but not me unfortunately.

I went through the trouble of buying a bracket and LED light for it hoping I could use it somewhat inside, but it did not help and I ended up placing it on the shelf and saying ARGH. A waste of money essentially but the light can be used with other cameras, I suppose.

Here is the camera, and the light I bought for it. Notice the dust caked on it... has not been used in years. "Free to good home" frankly, but again nobody wants it so it shall sit. I can't bear to just throw it away, I paid for it, after all.

The buying of batteries is not a huge deal to me as I get a set of costly rechargeables and you're done for years, it's the terrible (not bad) QUALITY that bothered me. I can deal with bad quality, but not AWFUL quality.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2014, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post

really!!!!
I'm so glad you're happy with yours. Like Tang said, I think mine is absolute rubbish I'll never use it again, and now has a nice place on a shelf in my bedroom where it helps to collect the dust.

I regret buying it, and had I read reviews back then (I do now) I'd have NOT gotten it to begin with. The one I bought has about a 2 1/2 star rating and nearly everyone hates it.

I recently bought a GE (someone in Tang's quote said to avoid them at all costs) but the product I got is 4 stars and not nearly as cheap as a Vivitar. Maybe I won't hate it, as it's not here yet.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2014, 05:31 PM
All depends on what you want if for doesn't it Myra? Some people shout from the rooftops they are perfectly happy with their old nokia brick mobiles with no cam and no internet and nothing but text and take calls.

Wouldn't do me though. So doesn't matter to me HOW happy they are with a dinosaur like that!

Some are perfectly happy with a £250 odd laptop. But for what I expect and require from mine - the ones that fit my requirements are always in the 600 - 800 range. Business class with loads of everything. Need that to work on it. So doesn't matter to me who's happy with the 200 quid models. It's inapplicable to my requirements. NONE of those would do what I want them to do.

I wish you luck and urge you to read ALL reviews - not those on manufacturers websites but on all techy review websites like CNet.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-05-2014, 05:34 PM
...[snip]...
Same as, like me, she has had a Kodak Easyshare and was totally unimpressed. Doesn't matter that Malka thought it was the bees knees. She didn't, I didn't, and nor did countless others who bought one. The dodgy software bundle that came with it is FAMOUS on the web!
Sorry to have to correct you but I have never owned a Kodak camera, Easyshare or any other type of Kodak.

My camera is a Canon, and so was my previous one.

Edited to add, THIS ONE
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2014, 05:41 PM
Agree, Tang. Reading Amazon reviews, C-Net professional reviews, and reviews all over tend to help a bit. I understand what I am willing to pay and I compare that with what I want.

If you are not on any real budget, then you can just buy a super high quality one and be done with it... but I'm trying to get a decent value and some actual functions. The Vivitar just didn't cut it.

I have heard that a major problem with the camera I just bought is it's hard to get used to/too complicated. Also, that it has poor low light function, which applies to nearly all cameras that are not mega costly. I don't want studio quality photos, only decent ones.

Don't think that is too much to ask. Hoping I'll like this new camera. Just saw the tracking and it is out for delivery, so should be here very soon, later on today Excited about it.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2014, 05:50 PM
I only mentioned Easyshare because SOMEONE posted that they had one and liked it. Will have to go back and look WHO it was.

Never mind. I am sure you were NOT really sorry to correct me Malka! So some good came out of it lol!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-05-2014, 06:00 PM
I only mentioned Easyshare because SOMEONE posted that they had one and liked it. Will have to go back and look WHO it was.

Never mind. I am sure you were NOT really sorry to correct me Malka! So some good came out of it lol!
To save you looking to see if it was I, it was not. See my response to Myra here...

What do you mean... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >