Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-02-2014, 05:32 PM

Namo Web Editor

Help, I need Help.
For a long time now a friend of mine has been doing my website for me.
Hadn't heard from her for a while, so when Mabs had her new babies I contacted her about her showing me how to update my website. Eventually got an email back saying she couldn't help me because she had a tablet now, I wrote back and said well i just want to know what to do.
Things went to and fro a bit and I got the impression to leave it till after Christmas, so we are now in February and I've emailed again and got no reply.
I knew she used Namo Web Editor, so downloaded a trial version of that today to see if I could see what to do, but it doesn't tell me how to get into my site or anything, so I'm stumped on what to do. I have emailed Namo Web Editor as well asking if there's any info anywhere to talk me through it, but was thinking that there must be people on here who know what to do, so is there anyone out there purleeeeese
I really need to get into my site now as want to put Mabs and Keshi on and also some important information which needs to go out this week
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2014, 05:43 PM
I searched " how to use nano web editor".First one to come up was a Manuel,has all the info on there.Not sure if that helps
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-02-2014, 05:46 PM
thanks Eileen, never thought of that .... doh....was looking on the Namo site itself and on the download
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-02-2014, 05:51 PM
Have just looked at it, and it assumes I know what I'm doing and I don't
I need to know how to use it to get into my website, and then what to do to change things when I do get in.
Simple requirement huh?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-02-2014, 06:10 PM
Right I've actually found a tutorial that tells me how to get a piccie on using Namo Web Editor, so did that, unfortunately it doesn't tell me how I get my website on there to put the piccie on it!!!!
I am a little less clueless than I was 5 minutes ago, but not much
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2014, 01:51 PM
Is there any phone numbers you can ring to get the passwords and codes to get on? If no number, sometimes these website host etc have on-line chat, you may be able to get some help there, if all else fails, try you tube, there might be something on there. I think if you get intouch with the web host, they may be able to help.

Hope you can get sorted, it is a flippin pain when you cant do it, I know how much mine of a pain mine was when it was hacked, just before christmas.

You really don't need this hassle now...xxx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-02-2014, 02:29 PM
I've got the passwords for my site, I have emailed their 'help' desk, and very helpfully they haven't answered me
If it comes to it I will change the site to someone else who is more helpful, thank goodness I didn't download and pay for it eh
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2014, 05:40 PM
If you've got the passwords for your site, try putting a capital at the front of the username or something, as she could have done that when she first registered maybe? This is the only way you're going to get into it to edit it. Mine has a username and password, and then away I go, I'm in there to edit, same with all the other places I advertise on.

If you think about it, the site editors aren't going to allow anyone other than the owner to gain information about it, and your e-mail address won't tally with hers will it. You really need to explain your dilemma to them, which you've probably already done, or better still get hold of that woman who built it for you and confirm those passwords again.

Mine's a brilliant, easy website to cope with, you wouldn't go wrong to change over to simplesite if that's what you've got to do. Save everything off yours as it is now, and then drop it into the new one you want to set up. Good luck June, sorry I'm not much help am I
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-02-2014, 05:46 PM
You've been a great help, as I have no idea what to do if I do change over, so it will let me save my site as it is will it.
I like my site, but Mabs and Keshi are not on it, well Mabs is as a baby at 4 weeks, and I would like to put piccies up of some of my babies that are now adults, things like that.
Plus piccies of Utonagan studs available, and there might be other things I would want to put up in the near future, which I suppose has prompted me to try and get something sorted for myself on this.
I have been having a bit of a play on it, but I really do need someone sat next to me as it were telling me what to do, or writing it down for me in a step by step format in baby talk
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2014, 06:19 PM
All I did June, was to save every single page of my own website, for just in case purposes, and they're all in my photo's. I've just clicked on each one to see if it's actually there, and it is, so if you right click on every page of your own website and save picture as, and see if you get the same, then all you'll have to do is to find another host site, (some are free) and just paste each one. That way, you have your own site, your own passwords and it should be the very same as the one you already have, just under a different domain name because the host won't be the same will it.

Good luck!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >