Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-11-2013, 01:22 PM

Chromebook.

Gorden brought me one at the weekend loving it.
Have managed to upload photos form the memory card of the camera onto it but now find it is being very slow to get me back into the pictures the wheel just keeps spinning.
Also how do I upload photos on Dogsey when I can eventually get into the photos ?
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2013, 01:26 PM
Have you got the online manual downloaded or available to check? I was wanting one of these until Martin pointed out to me that it's not like a laptop and I can't have MS Office, Skype, Photoshop and all that on it! And, as I've already got a tablet what on earth did I want a Chromebook for? Well I just wanted one - that's why!

So I've got my Lenovo Ideapad and as wonderful as it is - I am now coming to the conclusion that I hate Win.8!

I don't know if all Chromebooks are the same but usually speed of download etc. is determined by the 'power' of it. I will see if I can find anything out.

*It's basically Google Images I guess. I do know lots of people moan that that is slow. I hate Google + and Google images and keep clicking the button to 'take me back' to Picasa Web Albums. But I guess one day that button will disappear

*editing to say having started to google it - I see many people (in the Google groups) asking 'Why is my Chromebook so slow'. So you could google that question and see if there is any techie help out there (not just people moaning about it lol!)

** quick read seems to say 'extensions' could cause it. But as I do not have a Chromebook to try out any solutions best you check for yourself.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Yes Pat I have the manual downloads I think. Allegedy they do all the lap top stuff but you don't have a disc drive which is fine by me as I never used a disc.
If this breaks down I will not lose my photos as they are stored in cloud and you buy another device and can access them again.
This has google docs etc., if you need to do documents or letters.
I really only use forums so this is ideal for me as long as I can learn how to post photos.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Gorden has you spoilt New house and a chromebook Bet he buys you that village for Christmas
Sorry can't help with the pics...wish you well with your new toy
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-11-2013, 04:56 PM
I thought I had been so clever loading them onto the chromebook but now can't access them. I was going to post pics of Dillon the new house and the fire.
I wish Eileen we didn't make quite that much out of the sale.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2013, 05:03 PM
Lynn
It got a bit frantic here after I penned a long post after googling this problem (hell it's a GOOGLE product!) but abandoned it when saw how long it had been since I started typing it.

OH BOY do I wish I was right there, right with you, to help sort it out.

Would sure beat my job tonight - dealing with the new whizz kid who has managed to get Amazon to flag up no less than 3000 yes 3000 serious errors. With him being taken on to do a more automated job of listing stuff on Amazon than I do manually.

He is a bloke of course.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2013, 05:03 PM
Not sure if this would help but there is a Google Chromebook photo app
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-11-2013, 05:31 PM
The app is on here it takes you to photos but the little wheel just keeps spinning.
Gorden will come home take one look press a button and hey ho it will be done.
Oh blimey Pat you need a large glass of something.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
The app is on here it takes you to photos but the little wheel just keeps spinning.
Gorden will come home take one look press a button and hey ho it will be done.
Oh blimey Pat you need a large glass of something.
I do indeed Lynn and have now got a large one. I've taken a deep breath and emailed this new 'victim' telling him if he needs any advice or assistance - he can contact me. Hell I'm the only one still working on this after 7 yrs! All the others walked or were sacked. My best bit of advice to him is ... don't take any of it PERSONALLY. Do your work. Get your money. Have a life!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Lets hope he takes it.
Enjoy that well earned drink.