View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2013, 06:37 PM
Ignore me then Pat, I seem to have thrown a spanner in somewhere here, but I got the gist that you were in the same boat as Dave and didn't like the 8, but I think that came from reading a lot of the other posts - sorry I always get the wrong end of things, well, some things, most things in fact!!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2013, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Desk top.

Well the hot corners leave me cold

Come on Nippy! You ain't gonna let some silly little Operating System beat you!

*Put some of those touch screen sensitive gloves on your christmas pressie wish list to warm you up lol!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2013, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Ignore me then Pat, I seem to have thrown a spanner in somewhere here, but I got the gist that you were in the same boat as Dave and didn't like the 8, but I think that came from reading a lot of the other posts - sorry I always get the wrong end of things, well, some things, most things in fact!!!
I'm laughing out loud now! What with you AND Nippy lol!

Oh I've been brain dead today and this is my first look in - I am glad I did now!

Haven't done any 'work' work at all since I left the UK! Spent the morning at the lecky board (just shoot me now) my lecky bill for Aug and 2wks of July was 480! Then Aoula the new girl who is cleaning for me came with her husband AND her 3yr old lol! I ******ed off out to a supermarket and then the bank and everywhere else I could think of to get out of their way!

Then I sat and set up my Nexus7 tablet again because the repair had it set back to factory settings. Then spent an hour finding everything Aoula had helpfully 'put away' for me (started wishing I'd stuck around!)

Made a quickie cheating curry rice thingie for food and have drunk about ten coffees in an effort not to fall asleep too early tonight so I can get back into some sort of sensible day and night routine!

I'm using Ibroprufen gel on my shoulders like some would slather on moisturiser - got back here all aches and pains - combination of the damp wet weather for the last few days there and wearing my heavy backpack with TWO laptops in it plus lugging a blerdy suitcase up railway station stairs at TWO stations on Sunday (they don't ALL have lifts it seems).

I'd actually forgotten I'd posted this as I've not really looked at any of my tech stuff today - took me another half hour to find where Aoula had 'filed' my super charger!

*the gizmo is a super powered battery thingie you can charge your phone and tablet up from without plugging into a socket. It holds a charge for ages before it needs recharging itself and has two inputs 1v and 2v for phones and tablets. I love it. Dunno how I lived without it now!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-10-2013, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Desk top.

Well the hot corners leave me cold
I have probably turned mine off then and forgotten
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
That's a 'Chrome thing' not a Win8 thing - happened the same on my VAIO which runs Win7.
Hi Pat yes I eventually realised that but strangely it hasn't happened on my old laptop
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2013, 07:25 PM
Really REALLY glad I looked back into this thread now! Almost everything else I've glanced at is all angst and aggro!

Oh who gives a fig about 8, 8.1 or woddever - by the time I summon up strength to touch that 'tile' they'll be giving us a free version of 8.2!

Just enjoying having a laugh with you (nutty) lot!

*and Meg - I'm worse than that at times - I forget stuff I've already forgotten BEFORE! Deja vu amnesia!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-10-2013, 07:44 PM
but not to go for it yet as it is too new and wait for wrinkles to be ironed out first. Any thoughts on this?
Tang, please PLEASE listen to your son, every version of Windows that has come out has been plagued with problems, I really don't know how they get away with it, furthermore there are no features in the newer versions which are in any way better.

Yahoo has just changed it's e-mail page layout and it's total c**p and I'm going to have to get a new e-mail account.

What Yahoo have done is add stupid comments e.g. when you have cleared all your e-mails from let's say the SPAM folder you get a stupid comment come up saying "It sure is looking tidier in here" who the hell are they to be talking to me like that

And they now insert the word "Me" before (or maybe after) the senders name, I think it's some morons attempt to say if it's incoming or whatever, but if it's in the INBOX then it MUST be incoming mustn't it.

So now because of these idiots I have to change my e-mail address grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-10-2013, 07:49 PM
Really REALLY glad I looked back into this thread now! Almost everything else I've glanced at is all angst and aggro!
You are right the world is getting to be a nasty place, just be glad the Dogsey regulars are not included in that (Sorry my post above is a tad aggressive but only to the faceless twits at Yahoo )
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2013, 08:04 PM
Hmmmmm, so some of you are saying don't be such a wuss to the rest of us who are cowering in the corner!!!

I will have to reserve judgement until the evil day actually comes - either this laptop gives up, or XP support goes out of the "window". However, given some of the comments on here, I am going to be driven bonkers by 8.1

I think that I will kidnap my pet nerd, and not let him leave the house until he has given me full, concise and understandable instructions on how to navigate the thing.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
You are right the world is getting to be a nasty place, just be glad the Dogsey regulars are not included in that (Sorry my post above is a tad aggressive but only to the faceless twits at Yahoo )
Well your little 'rant' just made me laugh more! I wouldn't touch a Yahoo or a Hotmail email account (oh nor AOHELL either!)

Don't worry I am doing the 'waiting' thing.

As a side note ... I had my real WINdows cleaned today - I can see out now!

I'm old enough to remember MS DOS and used to joke that my favourite OS was DOM S DOS (for a nice clean system - and cistern)
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »