Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 09:34 AM

Weird error message on iPhone - help!!!

Anyone ever get this on their iPhone? Its is charging & will hopefully continue to do so. It is a iPhone 4s & its the charger that came with it.

Bernie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-06-2013, 09:39 AM
Ohh how bizarre

I have an iphone (although not the 4) but never had that message before..
If it was me I would do a restart on the phone to see if it sorts itself out. Looking at your battery meter it isn't charging at the moment.
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 09:51 AM
I get it when I try and charge it on our older model of iPod dock. It won't charge at all using that, but will play music through the speakers.

If it's charging though and it's the charger that came with it, I'd just carry on charging it.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-06-2013, 10:10 AM
My phone is on 02 and I have found their help desk really good, and very straightforward and not too techy that I can't understand, mind you I do say to them I need them to explain in baby talk, words of one syllable and they are great!!!
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-06-2013, 05:30 PM
I get that when I put my iPhone on certain docking stations, it's nothing to worry about just that your phone won't charge.
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 06:34 PM
I've had this same problem a few times with the charger that came supplied with the phone (except for mine wouldn't charge where as yours is). I have since bought a new charger and haven't had the problem since
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 02:26 AM
Originally Posted by cacoll View Post
I get that when I put my iPhone on certain docking stations, it's nothing to worry about just that your phone won't charge.
It happens on both charges - both iPhone chargers & bizarrely it is charging ok.

Does anyone's iPhone screen suddenly go dim so you have to into settings, brightness & move the adjusting slide for the phone to brighten again?

Beginning to wonder if I need a new mobile, yet it's not a year old until August
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-06-2013, 04:51 AM
Not had the problem with mine going dim so far.

Have you tried backing it up and restoring it to see if that fixes the problem? If not maybe its a trip to the genius bar if you have one nearby.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
Not had the problem with mine going dim so far.

Have you tried backing it up and restoring it to see if that fixes the problem? If not maybe its a trip to the genius bar if you have one nearby.
It is a fault the dimming, have heard of a few that do it, seems to be only the 4s. Yes have tried restoring it. Maybe i use mine too much Ach sure they just offer you a refurbished model if theres something wrong with your mobile & charge you for it. The sound went on my 4. I gave it to my nephew. I would rather put the money towards a new mobile which is what i did with this one.