Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-02-2012, 07:04 AM

Asda home delivery fiasco.

Shopped on line Sunday night for a delivery 2-4pm from Asda for yesterday.

3-50pm call from driver have customer services rang to let you know I have a problem. Me no. Him I thought this might happen sorry my lorry broke down. Me ok can't be helped I will wait. Him I have another problen replacement van the fridge doors won't open have you got chilled foods. Me yes.
Shall I do half the delivery. No I will wait. Him Ok waiting for someone to come along and fix it will be there as soon as I can. Me I will ring Customer Services and complain about not being updated but don't worry won't get you into trouble.
Him yes please do this is getting a joke with these vans.

5pm knock at the door poor frozen driver has arrived guess what they could not fix the fridge doors. He was told to carry on and offer people there not chilled or frozen goods they would re-deliver them. I said no thankyou I will cancel the order with Customer Services and ask for a full refund. Now waiitng for my money to be returned to my card and now waiitng for a Tesco delivery.

When Customer Services apologised to me I told them they need to apologise to their driver too. Vans that don't work him having to tell his customers whose deliveries are already late they can't have half their order and it is bitter cold out there. I was not a happy bunny.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2012, 07:10 AM
Good luck with the refund Lynn. I've only had one Asda food delivery. They substituted some of the stuff and I didn't want the substitutes so sent them back.

A week later I 'phoned and stroppy woman at the other end said that she hadn't received the docket back from the driver yet and he hadn't put it through on his machine. Should be sorted soon.

'Phoned a week later. Stroppy woman on holiday and would be back the following week - no one else can deal.

'Phoned a week later. Stroppy woman said she had the docket, but all of the stuff had been delivered and I hadn't paid for it so they had just taken the full amount !!

Long story short - got the money back eventually, plus a delivery of all the stuff they'd substituted for free, plus £25 voucher to spend in store.

Never done food shopping with them again online - do Tesco instead.

The whole lot was one big farce!

Hope your fiasco turns out better
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-02-2012, 07:38 AM
Goodness I hope they don't play that game with me. The driver came back five minutes later his depsatch co-ordinator needed to hear from me I was returning the goods. I was then on the phone making my complaint so two conversations at once not good at my age and stressed from the fiasco also whiney puppy thinking why isn't this person coming in to say hello.

The woman did pull up my details and say it would be 3-5 working days depending on the bank we are with. I have never had trouble with them before.
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-02-2012, 08:06 AM
I ordered from ASDA a couple of years ago. Got a call saying they were running late (we had the last time slot) but nothing turned up and of course the phonelines were closed by then. I called the next day and they said they didn't have a record of the order and could I place it again. Stupidly I did (couln't be bothered to do the whole shop again elsewhere and since I could access a record of the order online (yes, even though they couldn't!) I just resubmitted it. Eventually got my shopping and it was all fine but didn't use them again. A few months later we noticed a payment go out of our account to ASDA. Turned out they'd decided to take the money for the original order that they never brought! Lucky we spotted it, it was just under £100 taken about 3 months after the order! Was not a happy bunny! Got it back eventualy but it wasn't easy!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2012, 09:46 AM
They're a waste of space......
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2012, 10:02 AM
If you go on Martin Lewis' site, there are no end of threads about Asda...not good ones either!
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2012, 10:31 AM
I used them for years and always found them brilliant. Delivered on time, no substitutes, friendly delivery guys. The biggest problem I had was when one drivers sat nav sent him to the wrong place, he phoned me up to ask for directions, surprised the poor bloke ever got to me
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Glad I am not the only one then.

I have never had problems with them before yesterday.
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-02-2012, 10:36 AM
I ordered some curtains from them yesterday, they better blumming come!

I ordered a food shop with them once, they were very good. One of the milk cartons had leaked a bit, they refunded us for the milk and let us keep the rest of the leaky one. Quite a bit left in it too.
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2012, 06:05 PM
I used to order from them but it got beyond a joke when they struggled to find us! I would get hassle from the driver about it as though it were my fault. He kept having a go at me living in the middle of nowhere! Gave up and gave Tesco a go who were lovely. I actually do my shopping in the store now as I have a bit more time and I find I get better bargains.

Hope you get your refund!

Helen

Helen
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >