register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Is CM improving as a TV trainer & offering more apt advice
Yes 45 52.33%
No 41 47.67%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Closed Thread
Page 53 of 84 « First < 3 43 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 63 > Last »
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
The obvious difference is, your collie is a dog reacting to another dog..
As was i reacting to him.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
No comparison at all, and its sad you cant see this.

Your son, I take it will be under 2 if still in nappies, will have from the day he was born had the comfort of you picking him up, holding him close, changing his nappies, he will know that you laying him down on his back to change his nappy, will be accompanied with coo`s and cuddles...you will over time have had to restrain him, pick him up, carry him around..but in his young life he will never have felt at any time concern or not know what you are doing, he will have by now learnt to communicate with you (speak English)

The GSD....will have none of the benifit of the above... he she will not be used to being picked up, held close, cuddles on the floor... all the things your child will know.

She is a nervous young dog, one who seeks reassurance, and what does she get... someone who will not be as strong as her, manhandle her to the ground lay on top of her, and keep her from moving..........what is she thinking, "Oh its OK " THEY MEAN ME NO HARM!!!!!!

My guess is she would be shell shocked, in fear for her life, she would have no clue as to why you just did that.

OK , you got results, she stopped jumping up, so would I, if that was the treatment I got.

Please give some thought as to what has been said, on here.... the end results dont allow justify the means...

You may have been extremely calm when you Alpha rolled the dog, but just think, what would your child do , if a(calm) stranger picked him up, did not speak , but forced him to the ground to change his nappy..!!!!!!!!!

There is your comparison... is it the same,,I guess you know the answer

The GSD did have the benifit of the above... he was used to being held close, having cuddles on the floor... all the things my child knows. He is a gentle boy and rolls around the floor with you. My sister loves this dog, has spared nothing for him. He is thriving.

I was not a stranger to him, we walk and play with our dogs and children most days.

Would this frightened abused dog that i have apparently created roll around on the grass with me letting me tickle his tummy?

Trust me i have given some thought to this, i have spent a sleepless night after all the comments on here directed at me.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by tinkladyv View Post
Im finding your posts paticually aggresive, maybe im reading them wrong, but you have left me feeling like this before on another thread and thats why i didnt come on for quite a while. I just wonder if we could both just respect that we do not agree in general and not attack.

How can I respect someone who uses abusive methods on their and other peoples dogs? Pinning and alpha rolling (both incorrect as dogs do neither) is an aggressive method.

I admire CM for his passion in dogs.

He has no passion just a desire to dominate and be in power and will use every forceful means possible to achieve that, that to me does not deminstrae any passion or love for dogs.

In my opinion i do understand my dogs body language and behaviours.

If you do understand dog behaviour why do you pin and alpha roll?

I tried clicker tarining and i didnt enjoy what i felt it was about.

What do you feel clicker training is about?

Of course i would not be your best buddy if you hit me!

So why do you believe a dog will be friends with you if you use force to hold them down and prevent them from getting up?

I have never kicked, poked, jabbed, rolling, shocked or strung up any dog full stop!.

I don't believe I said you did I was referring to CM, however your own admission is that you pin and alpha roll dogs so that statement is not entirely accurate.

I have never seen the episode with shadow, but did try with your links, so therefor there was no comment i could make to your post, i was not ignoring it.
That comment was made about others as well. I still feel that if you pin and roll dogs and see that as acceptable then you do not know very much about dog behaviour and if you are using it on dogs you foster then if that were my rescue you'd be off the foster list immediately.
Becky
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
That is not an alpha roll.......
What is it then?
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
That comment was made about others as well. I still feel that if you pin and roll dogs and see that as acceptable then you do not know very much about dog behaviour and if you are using it on dogs you foster then if that were my rescue you'd be off the foster list immediately.
Becky
Becky you are editing my posts and twisting and adding things that are not there and i feel threatened by you, for that reason i will be leaving Dogsy today.

This dog was as stated all along my sisters, not a rescue dog. All three rescues i work with have their own behavourists, who i can work with if there are any problems, i meet with them regually, they see their dogs too and in all cases there have been massive improvements, i keep in touch with all dogs and they are thriving.
I have nothing to hide and nothing to be ashamed of.
I foster for East Midlands dog rescue, many tears and Greyhound gap. Please feel free to contact them if you are concerned about me.

If your concerns about my own dogs are that great, you should contact the authorities for them to investigate me.

Thank you to everyone who has offered good advice to me, i shall def read the book and do the whole programme without sound etc.

Gemma
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by tinkladyv View Post
Becky you are editing my posts and twisting and adding things that are not there and i feel threatened by you, for that reason i will be leaving Dogsy today.

This dog was as stated all along my sisters, not a rescue dog. All three rescues i work with have their own behavourists, who i can work with if there are any problems, i meet with them regually, they see their dogs too and in all cases there have been massive improvements, i keep in touch with all dogs and they are thriving.
I have nothing to hide and nothing to be ashamed of.
I foster for East Midlands dog rescue, many tears and Greyhound gap. Please feel free to contact them if you are concerned about me.

If your concerns about my own dogs are that great, you should contact the authorities for them to investigate me.

Thank you to everyone who has offered good advice to me, i shall def read the book and do the whole programme without sound etc.

Gemma
Don't leave, this is just one thread and CM threads always get a bit heated. There's lots of other stuff to talk about!
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Becky
Originally Posted by JanieM View Post
Don't leave, this is just one thread and CM threads always get a bit heated. There's lots of other stuff to talk about!
I discovered that and thats fine, but when you actually feel threatened and its effecting my own well being, i cant continue, thank you though thats very kind and by no means has my exp here been wholly negative. i have had good advise and read lots of useful comments.

But now, can someone tell me how to close the account as i cant seem to be able to?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 11:30 AM
I think if you went on a Mums forum and said you believed in smacking your small children (for their own good / didn`t do me any harm/ they need to learn boundaries...) you`d get an equally fierce response. Just as corporal punishment engenders arguments, dog training TV stars do likewise.
If it`s the first time you`ve come across the passion that this man and his TV career stir up - well take it as a learning experience.
No reason to leave, though.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I think if you went on a Mums forum and said you believed in smacking your small children (for their own good / didn`t do me any harm/ they need to learn boundaries...) you`d get an equally fierce response. Just as corporal punishment engenders arguments, dog training TV stars do likewise.
If it`s the first time you`ve come across the passion that this man and his TV career stir up - well take it as a learning experience.
No reason to leave, though.
No, i work with mums and dads who smack and dont smack children. There are fors and against. I would give them all the information and it would be for them to make their own mind up.
A heated discussion is not a problem, but i feel targetted and distressed. Someone who equally does not agree with me has posted lots with me, but has had no aggression and actually spelt that out to me. I have tried to do the same too and move forward in a polite manner, but its continued.
So for my own well being i shall leave, take on board the advise and look into things some more.
If someone can help me close the account that is? Please
No hard feelings
Gemma
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-09-2009, 11:43 AM
I think you probably have to request your account be closed by one of the mods.
Closed Thread
Page 53 of 84 « First < 3 43 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 63 > Last »