Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 06:37 PM

"Commendably Obedient!"

"Commendably obedient!" was the comment I received from a jogger after I whistle recalled my two and sat them next to me so he could jog past.

Good job he hadn't seen me half an hour earlier screaming myself hoarse as Isla decided to go off hunting Pheasants 2 fields away!
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 06:42 PM
I got praised one day as I was walking my boys and and my friends dog, a cyclist came past and I recalled all 3 of them to sit at my feet and wait whilst he rode past and he said it was impressive, I was so pleased
Cooper used to chase bikes so the whole time I was thinking 'please don't chase it'
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 06:46 PM
I know what you mean, as he jogged past I took my eyes off Oscar to talk to the bloke and out of the corner of my eye I could see Oscar slowly leaping in the air, joyful at having someone new to "play" with. I can remember thinking "please don't bite his bum, please don't bite his bum!".

Thankfully the bloke didn't see him, but Oscar did see me glowering!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 07:10 PM
ROFLMA RS that did make me larf, well done!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 07:29 PM
Oh he sounded posh Nice comment.

I had someone say to their little boy "I wish you were as obedient as that dog" after seeing Parker's speedy recall and sit in front of me when I called him on a park.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 07:47 PM
I've had that too when mine recall and sit to the whistle -- for some reason, it looks impressive to people!

As for joggers, I do the same...but only because Bo would purposely hurtle into them and send them flying if I didn't. Not that they know that.
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2011, 11:02 AM
wow, its so nice when they actually behave how we want them to
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Oh he sounded posh Nice comment.

I had someone say to their little boy "I wish you were as obedient as that dog" after seeing Parker's speedy recall and sit in front of me when I called him on a park.
When Louie was very little - I had the same comment from a woman with a "all over the place" Staffie pup - she was saying - You should behave like that - then as we parted and I crossed the road off the park. I was whispering to Louie.. why don't you behave like that ALL the time!

Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I've had that too when mine recall and sit to the whistle -- for some reason, it looks impressive to people!

As for joggers, I do the same...but only because Bo would purposely hurtle into them and send them flying if I didn't. Not that they know that.
Sadie and Louie do the same, Sadie gets bored of walking and decides to run with them (beside the bike or person) and Louie's picked up on it, and both will stand in the way if they are coming the opposite direction

Well done Isla and Oscar!