Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-10-2011, 07:49 AM

"I am not lazy - I am just tired"

Oh how I wish I had had my camera ready!

After zonking flat out all night and not even shifting, Pereg strolled outside, did what she needed to do, strolled back indoors and flonked on the floor. She only showed any excitement when I said the magic words "come and get your medicine" and shot into the kitchen in front of me.

Strolled back into the salon, strolled outside and flonked in the sunshine. Got up and strolled back inside and decided it was chair time, but instead of just jumping up she sat in front of it, looked at it, turned her head to look at me, sighed, slowly stood up and put first one front paw on the seat, then the other front paw, then one back leg - looked back as if to ask me to hoik her up, sighed, and got up herself.

"I am not lazy - I am just tired"

Ten seconds later she heard a cat and zoooooooom - outside like a flash!

But oh how I wish I had had my camera at hand to take a picture of her "trying" to get on the chair!
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-10-2011, 09:12 AM
Sounds very familiar. Sometimes I feel like I need a crowbar to get Guinness out of his bed for walks. He's the laziest creature I've ever known... until he hears a food wrapper.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2011, 11:35 AM
LOL that sounds so familiar. Dougal will frequently put his front legs up beside me on the couch and look at me pathetically as if to say 'help me get the rest of me up Mum'...lazy wee tike...he can jump up quick enough if there's a biscuit involved
Red[dog]
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Haha! My Aunt's Dobe cross is almost eleven years old now, and he still insists on sharing an armchair with her even though it takes him a good five minutes to get in the chair

I wish Kasp was in any way lazy, unfortunately he's the exact opposite All it takes is a stretch or picking something up of the floor and he's over checking what you're doing (even if he was asleep the moment before!) and making sure you don't want to play with him

Red
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-10-2011, 12:55 PM
We have since had the "I am soooo tired" again, only to shoot out woofing because [oh how dare they] someone had pulled up outside to check something, followed immediately by the telephone ringing and me alternately yelling for Pereg to please be quiet [actually "shekket" which means - um - "quiet (or I will not be responsible for my actions")] and me yelling down the phone "sorry but I cannot hear you".

Disembodied male voice said he did not speak English but was I so-and-so because he had a delivery. Yes, yes, OK where are you. [No street names and no numbers]. Told him opposite the macolet and he said "five minutes". Said I would be outside waiting.

Plonked outside and of course Pereg cannot reach the pavement so she was not happy and decided she wanted to join me, and started to bite through her rope.

Driver turned up, Pereg barked in welcome, driver said "I think I will just leave it here...", put the parcel down, got back in his van [and yes, it was a white one, surprise surprise] and drove off, without even asking for a signature. Hmmm.

Pereg then strolled in and flonked down again.

Neighbour appeared - Pereg did the yippee yippee yippee I am so happy song and dance.

Pereg is now flat out again!

Is it bedtime yet?