View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 10:28 PM
Helen Haim, she was done for the third time just recently!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 10:29 PM
they did used to ban people for life, but there was a case if I remember rightly which basically said that the KC could not impose more rigourous punishment than the law.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 05:50 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Just another example of the 'turning a blind eye' syndrone that IMO is one of the worst of human behaviours, and then, when they are found out for their lies and double standards they stand up in court and plead all kinds of mitigating circumstances and the juriy nearly always believe them. Makes me mad to be part of the human race.
Agree Harvey..... I'm so often actually ashamed to belong to the same species.....
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 10:22 AM
104 pet dogs,in a small terraced house, how could you sleep, surely having 104 dogs in cages in the same house mustv'e been pretty noisey most of the time...they mustv'e been a bit like these folk you see that hoard stuff...I really can't get my head round it, just glad that at least some of the dogs will have hopefully a better life now they're free xx
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Not being defensive at all, and I am not sure why Crufts is coming into the argument.

Crufts is only ONE show and to qualify for this show all dogs have to have done just that, won or been placed in certain classes at Championship Shows. What about the reputation of THOSE shows.

As for knowing what was going on in their house, what makes you think that anyone SHOULD know? Do you know if they have visitors?

Lots of people never have people in whether they have dogs or not!

And we are ALL part of the "Dog World" whether you show or not.

My views would be the same if you replaced the word dog with child.

The facts are that some dogs owners were prosecuted for animal welfare. The fact that they were show goers is immaterial.

It does not make the offences any worse or any better than if they were pet dogs, agility dogs, field trial dogs etc.

You accused the show world of applauding such people, that is not a correct statement; they were not applauded for their crimes; we do not even know if anyone in the show world KNEW what was going on.

I really hate sensationalism which smacks of the "red tops". Just stick to the facts.

This sort of prosecution rebounds on the DOG OWNING world, whether you like it or not, the same way as DOG FIGHTING does, and DOG ATTACKS do, and people who do not clear up after their dogs.

Let us not demonise a particular section of dog owners, as this is not exclusive to them but to ALL.
totally agree.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Is being a " crufts type" person an arrestable offence?

You know, like being a pit bull terrier type?
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Absolutely disgusting. They shouldnt have been allowed to kerp any dogs, not when so many had to be PTS. a total ban should have been ordered. If theyve slipped once into squalor, they could do it again

Its immaterial who they are - show or pet people - they are a disgrace & obviously animal hoarders.

Poor poor dogs
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Okay, so now we've had an example of a "Crufts Type Person" doing it wrong, when will we get the examples of the ones that do it right?

Or are the tabloids and authorities content to leave the impression that anyone involved with Crufts is capable of the same?
Exactly the point I was trying to make that we are not given a balanced view of things

But apparently I am not supposed to make any comment on any post that has anything to do with showing and if I do I am instantly ridiculed - even if I was actually SUPPORTING them and saying there are good and bad in any hobbie
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Exactly the point I was trying to make that we are not given a balanced view of things

But apparently I am not supposed to make any comment on any post that has anything to do with showing and if I do I am instantly ridiculed - even if I was actually SUPPORTING them and saying there are good and bad in any hobbie
Wouldnt let it annoy you Ben, some just like to argue for the sake of it & no view is ever right but their own
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 01:29 PM
It's amazing isn't it that the emphasis turns once Crufts is mentioned. Appalling story of neglect and yet the talking point is more that those involved had entered at Crufts

Let's hope this duo get the book thrown at them no matter what sports or hobbies they participate in with their dogs. Also hope, for the dogs' sakes that they never, ever own dogs again - or any other animal for that matter
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >