Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Are you like me? Walking down the road like a loony trying to REASON with the dog? 'We came on this walk for YOUR benefit, not mine - now WALK!'
Originally Posted by sarebear1982 View Post
I was walking my two down by the river the other day having a fab conversation with them. Heard a rustle down the bank fisherman looking up at me. He was looking at me like I was a right weirdo!
I am so glad there are more dog chatters out there, I have lovely little conversations with Chester whilst we're out, it's all just encouragment with littley atm but we'll get there. Chester used to do Dutch's trick when he was a baby and just collapse when he decided he just couldn't walk any further, he hasn't got less stubborn as he's got older actually just now wants to go on longer walks rather than shorter ones! I'm afraid I now have the most wonderful mental image of Ollie upside down in the middle of a pavement and refusing to move Lyn!!
outhval
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-10-2010, 12:46 AM
Hi Jessie, I'm also a dog chatter. When Max was a puppy he used to flomp down and wouldn't move when he knew it was time to come home, after much "discussion" I would have to pick him up and march off with him. Now he is 34 kilo, so no chance of picking him up To make things worse, he sometimes really shows off and rolls in foxes poo and then we have the fun of getting him in the shower! I came home from shopping today to find him clutching an old handbag, with all the bits and pieces over the floor, wagging his tail like mad
The "discussion" then was somewhat heated. He then flew into his crate with the bag, as he uses it a safety bolt hole, knowing I will never show anger towards him when he is in there. Crafty, or what! The bag was in tatters, but at least he never chewed up the contents (old make up and packet of tissues) so peace reigned once again.

Regards, Val and Max
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 02:01 AM
hehehehe, he has attitude doesn't he, so did you end up carrying him (I would have with those eyes)
fayeily
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2010, 04:53 AM
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
hehehehe, he has attitude doesn't he, so did you end up carrying him (I would have with those eyes)
definatly has alot of attitude!
no I didn't carry him (I know, how mean?! ) it took alot of encouragement (and biscuits) but we got home eventually!
When he was a teeny tiny puppy I used to carry him sometimes, but he hasn't got a chance anymore!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 05:11 AM
Oh I love these tales of the dogs that refuse to walk further! Worst one I had was my dear old GS.
Indefatigable until she decided she'd had enough. Then I just had to carry her - she wouldn't budge. It was like carrying a 4 yr old in your arms - I lived in Berks at the time and I actually used to divert to the fields and walk even FURTHER with her to avoid looking like a complete lunatic by having to walk on the road!
It was 20 yrs ago now but I still remember those conversations with her - mostly along the lines of 'funny how you never get tired out when you are CHASING RABBITS isn't it?'
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2010, 10:46 PM
oh, he is soooo adorable! love his face in the second pic i met a wee pug yesterday who kept doing that
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4