Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
fayeily
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2010, 10:12 AM

"I refuse to walk any further!!"

Took these photos the other week and have only just got around to putting them on my laptop sorry the photos are quite poor quality, but had to use my phone!

Was walking Dutch over the park and all of a sudden the lead went tight and jerked me backwards slightly. i turned around and this is what i was faced with.

Such a stubborn little thing!

Oww do i have to?

Dont talk to me! ....

Thanks for looking.

and if you were wondering... yes, we did get home eventually
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Oh, he is such a cutie!!

How could you be such a meanie - making him walk home!!
fayeily
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2010, 10:32 AM
I know, im so cruel
He would have loved to have be carried but that was not an option im afraid! lol
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2010, 11:06 AM
How gorgeous is he!!!!!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2010, 11:15 AM
We used to have that with Louie and I was like "look you have four legs - you ARE walking!" I used to just say bye, drop the lead and walk off - I knew he'd come (Also works with tantruming 5 year olds when they cant get their own way )

He is adorable - you big meanie! You have longer legs than him too! I can just picture him going Hmmm flop and just watching and waiting - I reckon he really planned for you to fall over so he could have giggles LOL
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2010, 11:59 AM
Lol brilliant photo's!! Maybe he just didn't want to go home!!

Monty used to get tired of walking when he was a pup and we had to carry him - he soon grew out of it or rather he soon grew and i couldn't carry him anymore!!
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2010, 12:07 PM
He's gorgeous and very fit and athletic looking too. It's lovely to see such a slim Bassett Hound, the last pic really shows his waist.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Awww his little coochie face!! You meanie mummy!!
He's lovely, great pics!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2010, 12:22 PM
the typical bassett stubborness

but just look at those eyes...it must be very hard making him do something when he is so cute
fayeily
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2010, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by zoe1969 View Post
How gorgeous is he!!!!!
Thankyou!!

Originally Posted by SLB View Post
We used to have that with Louie and I was like "look you have four legs - you ARE walking!" I used to just say bye, drop the lead and walk off - I knew he'd come (Also works with tantruming 5 year olds when they cant get their own way )

He is adorable - you big meanie! You have longer legs than him too! I can just picture him going Hmmm flop and just watching and waiting - I reckon he really planned for you to fall over so he could have giggles LOL
I dont think dropping the lead and walking away would work, i think he'd just continue to lie there and claim VICTORY. Lol!

Originally Posted by esmed View Post
Lol brilliant photo's!! Maybe he just didn't want to go home!!

Monty used to get tired of walking when he was a pup and we had to carry him - he soon grew out of it or rather he soon grew and i couldn't carry him anymore!!
im sure he would have loved to have been carried, but i have difficultly lifting him into the car! (curse of short legs! lol)
he's a stubborn beast when he wants to be though, no amount of biscuits can move him sometimes!
i have a new weapon now though which is working wonders, its called cheese

Originally Posted by maxine View Post
He's gorgeous and very fit and athletic looking too. It's lovely to see such a slim Bassett Hound, the last pic really shows his waist.
its refreshing and very reassuring hearing someone say that he looks fit and healthy for a change. You wouldnt believe the amount of people that tell me that my dog is too thin, and do i feed him?
it gets me worried sometimes but the vet says hes a perfect weight and looks great so thats good enough for me!
i think he's a nice weight, you can see the outlines of his ribs but they have a nice covering and he has a waist, which most Bassets i've seen havent.

Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
Awww his little coochie face!! You meanie mummy!!
He's lovely, great pics!
Thanks Claire! I am a terrible mummy, making him walk all the way (3 minutes) home!

Originally Posted by Hali View Post
the typical bassett stubborness

but just look at those eyes...it must be very hard making him do something when he is so cute
he really has got it down to a fine art now
such a little character!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >