View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jakesmummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-11-2014, 08:55 PM
Leo ,a few years ago I'd of said druggies were scum to.really I would .
Then my brother died of a heroin over dose. And his wife. Half of me wants to kick his teeth In the other hugs him.
But I can't. Not everyone is scum some ppl just aren't so smart.
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2014, 10:55 PM
I just had this thread pop up after all these years. Had a read of what I wrote. I thought maybe an update was due. 5 years after I posted, I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. I have since discussed my Cannabis use with my neurologist. He strongly believes that my use of cannabis has actually slowed the progression for me. So my use of the drug has only been positive.....for me.
Jakesmummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-11-2014, 11:00 PM
I'm new so I guess I didn't no how long it was up. I have fibromyaglia so I'm with u on the med side of things. So glad it's helping u from that horrid illness xxxx
Tommyboy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-11-2014, 11:34 PM
@jakesmummy. I can relate to the pain you go through when your family members use drugs. My sister is currently in rehab, she is a heroin addict. She lost custody of her son 2 years ago and it still wasn't enough to get clean. I get so frustrated with her, because she blames everybody else for addiction, but never takes any responsibility for her actions. I am lucky that she is still alive, she has been an addict for 15 years, but we only found out when she was being taken to court to have her son taken away. She has a masters degree and had been a functioning addict for such a long time. I feel like I don't even know her anymore. I used to have a picture in my head of what you think a typical junkie is, now I know it could be anyone.
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-11-2014, 02:00 AM
Weed, cannabis yes, in the states medical marijuana has been legalized, not in every state but it's a start. My sister in law smoked when she was in chemo and yes it did help her. Other drugs obviously need to be controlled. However it's a question of how much. I believe 100% in the right to die with dignity. My aunt had stomach cancer. At the end the strongest narcotic didn't touch the pain. I'm sure she would have been ready to check out before that horrible time. Drugs being legal for recreational use of course not. But weed should be legal across the board in my opinion...assisted suicide too.
Jakesmummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-11-2014, 06:03 PM
I agree with assisted suicide too.i mean u are allowed to put your pet to sleep if there suffering . Why we are aloud to watch a loved one suffer when there's no way they can ever get better is just wrong.
While I agree some ppl may miss use this . I'm sure they could ask the person suffering what they wish to do come the time.
Page 17 of 17 « First < 7 14 15 16 17