View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2014, 06:03 PM
Personally can't see what all the fuss is about I'd say the majority of breast feeding mothers do so discreetly when out in public.Has been my experience anyway.You could always look away if you're that easily offended
Do people get offended if they see a calf being fed in a field? What the heck is the difference?
Would be cross if I seen a mother changing a baby on a cafe table though,that's gross and seriously unhygienic
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2014, 08:28 PM
Is sitting out of the way of main traffic in a restaurant really too much to ask of a nursing mother? Natural or not, it makes some people uncomfortable. That being the case, a bit of diplomacy would make everyone happy.

Nursing mothers have the right to go out for meals and feel comfortable, but so do other diners too
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-12-2014, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Is sitting out of the way of main traffic in a restaurant really too much to ask of a nursing mother? Natural or not, it makes some people uncomfortable. That being the case, a bit of diplomacy would make everyone happy.
Why should a nursing mother have to be treated any differently to anyone else, ie go and sit in the corner because you might offend other people if you need to nurse your baby.

Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Nursing mothers have the right to go out for meals and feel comfortable, but so do other diners too
But are other diners told to go and sit in the corner?

Or is a mother giving a baby a bottle told to go and sit in the corner?
Azz
Administrator
Male 

05-12-2014, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Megsy View Post
Sorry to disagree but breastfeeding is best for the baby. It is ok for someone to eat a plate of chips in public which will clog up their arteries and cost the NHS money but not OK to feed the best food for a baby that money can't buy. It is possible to breast feed discretely which I believe this woman was doing and there's nothing wrong with that in my view.
Completely agree.

Also, someone commented on over50s that the've never seen a mother breast-feeding 'ostentatiously'. Neither have I.

Even if one did, so what. It's just a breast and in its most innocuous form; nourishing a child in the most healthy way possible. Mothers should be encouraged to do it, not made to feel 'dirty'.

Shame on Farage and Claridges.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

05-12-2014, 09:55 PM
What on earth is indiscreet or offensive about this picture?

[This is the mother at the centre of the story]

I mean she is hardly flashing her breasts at everyone, is she?
Azz
Administrator
Male 

05-12-2014, 09:57 PM
You can't even see her breast!! : /
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-12-2014, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
stirred up by bolshie, left wing, Guardianistas to curry favour with the so called "liberal elite". Live and let live is my personal motto.
Here, here

Love the term Guardianistas, new one to me, but unlike your goodself I really have been in the 'backwoods' for the past ten years
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2014, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
But are other diners told to go and sit in the corner?
No, but I know if I was going to feed a little one while dining out, I would naturally ask for an out of the way table.

Why embarrass the easily embarrassed when there really is not need? Just my opinion
Jakesmummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-12-2014, 11:16 AM
When I was Brest feeding my older children we had to sit in the toilet where there was a seat. Why would any mother want to fed her baby in a toilet. .while I agree no one should change there baby on a table ppl eat from. I'd have to say a baby that is hungry is hungry . And if your Brest feeding you have to make th best of it, you have it rammed down your throat beast is best , then ppl turn around and moan about the fact your doing it.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

06-12-2014, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by Jakesmummy View Post
When I was Brest feeding my older children we had to sit in the toilet where there was a seat. Why would any mother want to fed her baby in a toilet. .while I agree no one should change there baby on a table ppl eat from. I'd have to say a baby that is hungry is hungry . And if your Brest feeding you have to make th best of it, you have it rammed down your throat beast is best , then ppl turn around and moan about the fact your doing it.
Maybe those people who are moaning have been there and done that when they had young babies, this generation is not the first to breast feed babies, thousands of woman before then have managed to feed their babies on a daily basis without needing to sit in cafés/ resturants exposing their breasts to the rest if the public.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >