Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Renathii4
New Member!
Female 

24-11-2014, 01:23 PM

Living in London, with a dog!

Hi!

I'm new at this forum, so I'm trying to get familiar with the forum. I'm a norwegian, who are planning to move to London with my dog in autumn 2015.

I was wondering if there is anyone from London here, who can tell me about living in london with dogs?

I haven't really set on an apartment yet, but I'm hoping to get one in or around the centrum of London!

My dog is fed raw meat, and I'm wondering if there's any good producers of dog food, who have a complete feed who's 100% raw? This is one of the things I'm most worried about, because I dont want to have to give him dryfood.

Any tips, tricks and such are more than welcomed on here! If anyone is interested in getting to know me and my dog(Dino), and maybe meet up when we get to London, I would love that!

Best wishes!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2014, 02:58 PM
Hello Renathe, I think you have picked a quiet time of day. There will be a lot more people around this evening to answer your questions. I don't know anything about London.
There are several people on Dogsey that feed raw so I'm sure that they will be able to advise you soon.
Welcome to the forum anyway.
Jakesmummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-11-2014, 06:23 PM
Waves hello , I'm more then sure feeding a raw diet isn't going to be a prob.what dog do u have ?
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-11-2014, 06:47 PM
Welcome Renathii and Dino, you will have no trouble in finding any number of places in London where you can go to purchase or have delivered raw dog-feeds. Doubtless some of our more southern based members will be able to help as I live several hundred miles north of our capital. Hope you get a good response from our members - this is a very friendly dog-lovers site and new members are always made to feel very welcome. Gordon.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-11-2014, 08:14 PM
Hi Renathe- welcome to Dogsey from Pereg and me!

I am sure you will have no problem in finding raw food for Dino, and I hope you have as little difficulty in finding a suitable apartment for you both.
Renathii4
New Member!
Female 

25-11-2014, 12:23 PM
Thank you for your answers!

Dino is a mixed breed, but mostly Border Collie! His mother is from good lines(Aled Owen), so good herding lines. The sire I don't know much about, but he was part Border Collie and part Gordon Setter. Dino mostly got the fuel, but not the drive for herding!

How's the London environment with dogs? Many like-minded people?

I really can't wait, I'm looking forward to moving, and of course to having my best friend with me. Dino is awesome, and I think he'll love it there. Just the food I'm a bit stressed about!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

25-11-2014, 12:40 PM
A lot depends on which area of London you are thinking about, but getting raw food for Dino should be no problem at all whereaver you are, however, finding a suitable apartment might be a bit more difficult.
Renathii4
New Member!
Female 

25-11-2014, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
A lot depends on which area of London you are thinking about, but getting raw food for Dino should be no problem at all whereaver you are, however, finding a suitable apartment might be a bit more difficult.
We may have found an apartment in Primrose Hill! Also I'm thinking about sharing a house in Plumstead! Luckily I still have a lot of time to figure out where I want to live! He's a simple dog inhouse, so both apartment and house would leave us with no problem!

Any tips on locations would be awesome as well

Of course, I would be seeking out any near by butcher as well, but a raw feed I can use as a base as well as any other raw meat is what I really want.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

25-11-2014, 02:23 PM
Advice on areas is something I cannot give you as I left England over 29 years ago having lived just outside NW London before then, but regarding raw meat for Dino I know that there are many raw food companies in various areas of England who deliver raw meat, albeit [I think] frozen.

My suggestion would be to hunt out any and all local butchers once you know where you are moving to, and then make friends with them. You might have to rely on supermarket meat until you and Dino are settled, and until you find a raw supplier who has what you want and will deliver to wherever you are.

My dog is raw fed and I am not in England now, so she has poultry and meat from my poulterer - which means we share our food, she having it raw but I having it cooked!

I am sure there are lots of raw feeders on Dogsey who will be able to give you information and advice about raw food suppliers in London.

In the meantime, how about posting some photos of Dino so we can all admire him?!
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-11-2014, 02:48 PM
Renathii - Although as I said earlier I now live far from London. I did live there years ago in Chelsea. Both Plumstead and Primrose hill have good areas for dog-walking and exercise. Primrose Hill being close to Regent's Park , Royal Parks as many of them are called are open to the public completely free for recreational purposes and are clean and well-kept, most being large open areas of grassland with a scattering of trees and small wooded copses. Plumstead has it's own Common. which includes a small wooded conservation and nature area, and sufficient open spaces to tire out even the most energetic of dogs. Hope this is of some help. Gordon.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >