Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cheyenne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2009, 07:14 PM

Rubber matting for dog run

I'm looking to get some rubber matting for the dog run, but there are so many types and thicknesses I don't know which is the best?

The floor of the run is concrete slabs. I don't want to completely cover the floor, just enough for dogs to lay on.

Cos of the nice weather the dogs have been spending a lot of time in the run (which they are loving!) and the biggest is starting to get pressure soars on his elbows they're not bad one's but it is only a matter of time, so need to do something asap!

Recommendations please?
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2009, 07:16 PM
you could look at horse supplies, many people are using rubber matting in stables these days.
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2009, 07:16 PM
My friend got rubber matting (one of the horsey places) for her kennels and runs and the dogs continued to get the elbow sores/ pinkness

Vitamin E oil can work wonders on them though....
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-04-2009, 07:21 PM
I have got rubber matting in my kennels that I got from a horsey place, I got the thickest I could and also I put shavings down, if it is really cold they get straw as well. Mine don't have any pressure sores at all, even though they avoid their dog beds and lie out on the flags whatever the weather
Cheyenne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2009, 10:04 PM
Thanks guys for your replys

The dogs aren't out there 24/7, and can't use shavings or straw.

I will keep looking around
madhouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-04-2009, 09:16 PM
I have rubber matting in the car cage, gives Odi grip but is comfy at the same time (he won't lay down on concrete....he's a very posh pooch!)

The equine quality stuff is very expensive....I got mine from here: www.rubberlast.com lots of the rubber sheeting suppliers sell matting without having to go to the expense of equine matting.

HTH
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Just had a look, but can't see rubber matting mentioned, nor anything that looks like it, there is no search option either. I am in the market for a bit more so would be interested in finding out what you ask for
wildmoor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-04-2009, 09:53 PM
I use a stable mat in the bed area of the kennel, I dont use anything in the runs, but 1 of the dogs brings out some of the shredded paper they have on top off the stable mat, out onto the run and lies on that. On the floor of the Internal run they have shavings.
madhouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Sorry, not been here in a while, I didn't mean to post and run!

Its under Sheeting/Cut Strip. Give them a ring, tell them you want some ribbed matting and what you want to use it for, they should be able to help.

HTH