Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 06:50 PM

Why are men players ?

Ok as the title suggests why do men play with womens affections ,Im not saying all men do this but lets face it there is a fair few who do .

I have a friend who was extremley taken on this bloke who i was quite friendly with ,And i did a bit of match making for them, They got on like a house on fire .,And all seemed to be going great for them ,
Texting emailing calling etc , Now they were becoming extremley close and being very frank and honest with one another sharing secrets and personel stuff etc,
They had even disgused taking things a step further and moving in together ,Which i thought was rather sudden but hey what ever floats your boat ,Then all of a sudden he stopped replying to her texts , emails and calls no explanation nothing, My friend was not only really upset but very confused ,Finally when he did return her calls he told her he didnt want to take things further or to be anything more than a friend Which left her very shocked as things had progressed quite a bit , nothing physical but a lot of adult talking so to speak (for want of a better term ,and to keep it clean )
As it turned out she was not the only object of this persons interest he had a few others on the go in the same way , Promising them the same things as her weekends away etc , As it appears he likes to inflate his own ego with his just being friendly nature ,And did not see it as flirting , or leading anyone on as he was just being friendly.
When i asked him about his dalliance with her and these other women , He said im a man what do you expect ,I never meant to hurt her but i would really like us to be friends , I feel in some way responsible as i helped get them together ,And feel awful that she has been hurt in this way , Why do men think its ok to treat people like this just to inflate there own egos ?

All thoughts greatly welcomed

xxdk
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 07:21 PM
Why do that sort do it ? Quite simply - because they can
I think so many young lasses think they `need` to be part of a couple that they have rose tinted glasses on and want to believe everything a smooth talker says to them - til he gets what he wants then goes off for the next conquest, which leaves the lass feeling worthless and often ends up in a pattern of self destructive relationships because they so desperately need to be loved and hope every time that the next will be `the one`, often not recognising that far from being `the one`, they are just ` the one who tries it on the most effectively`.

I do think for that sort of bloke its thrill of the chase, and the more they conquer the more they crave the next one, like some sort of self induced competition with themselves.

At the end of it though, they are the biggest losers because they will never know how it feels to really care about anyone, they will end up emptier than those they leave shattered by their behaviour.

Of course by the time a decent guy does come along, many ill-treated women won`t give him a chance because they have been hurt too many times.

I don`t think its just blokes though, many women behave as appallingly, the human race can be so competitive and sly when it comes to getting what they want, with zero regard for how they affect others because they have so little feelings themselves they don`t have a clue how much they so easily destroy others.

There is far too much pressure put on the young to believe that the main aim when growing up is to meet someone and live happily ever after, without having a clue about the importance of being able to live alone and be happy as a single individual - those who do refuse to rush from one disaster to another though, tend to be far more choosy about potential partners because it would have to be the right one to lead them to give up the freedom which comes with being single.

Is it any wonder I`m divorced and single, [ and intend to stay that way ]
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Yeah i know what you mean P , Just recently i let my gaurd down myself and thought very highly of a bloke , He is quite the charmer and as smooth as they come promising all sorts , Then i found out what he was really like thank god i didnt get to involved except on a friendship level ,But im seeing this mr nice guy on a whole new level,
Im usually very causious and wary of people esp men but took this person on face value and trusted them for what i thought they were only to find out he was an attention seeking self absorbed moron with no care for anyone except his own ego xxdk
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Don't get me started!!!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by catsta2001 View Post
Don't get me started!!!
Please do hun, All replies male and female greatly welcomed xxdk
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 08:04 PM
I'll tell you what,it's all about power,he obviously feels he has power over these women.I can bet it's mainly lovely nice girlie kind of women he picks too.Well all I can say is he might just meet his match when some lady playing the same game as his,comes along and wrecks his boat,xxxxxxxxx
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Oh and I forgot to say,just for the benefit of some women who may be liable to be taken in by this type.A woman may not realise she's being groomed by these type of men as they spend days wooing the women into their trap.You find these types mainly on the web lurking in chatrooms,advertised in the local rag in the dating columns.
My mate had her fill of these type,phew you have no idea how many she dated and as soon as she showed her feelings along with them they were off,xxxxxxxx
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Because they can...& cant help it!!!!!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Yeah i agree boobah, they are very good at manipulating people , And so believable and charming ,It makes me feel sick to think i actually liked this person , xxdk
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 08:25 PM
Its very true what your saying DK..many men are players, and to be honest, I thought my man would be when I met him... I have been messed about by such blokes, and its so hurtful, and makes you feel 2 inches tall... I met my OH, and as soon as I saw him I thought he would be the same. Luckily, he had been treat exaclty the same by women, who had been hurtful to him saying he was 'too nice'???? In my opinion you can't be too nice!!!

But I know many men are players and think they can get away with it....many women are the same, I have had friends who have treat men like doormats....but I must admit, men boast about it more...women seem to deny it???? xxxxx
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »