Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2007, 05:39 PM

Bring Our Troops Home

Do any of you feel that we should have our military forces back home in our own country to help with any crisis that might happen in the UK? I feel sorry for the emergency services and the few military troops we do have here working around the clock to help people in these floods 24/7and they have been marvellous but they must be worn out. How much better wouldn't it have been to have had all our troops back in our country to sort everything out.

I say bring our troops back home!

Anyone agree?
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-07-2007, 05:59 PM
No, because if we really needed some armed defence then we have the TA to do the job.

Thats what they get paid for.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Erm the TA are being sent out to Iraq!
Becky
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2007, 06:29 PM
I still think our troops should never have been sent to Iraq in the first place.
So, yeh, bring then home asap.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Whatever people think of them being there is beside the point, they are there and they should stay there untill there is stability or we are officially told by the goverment over there we are no longer needed.
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I still think our troops should never have been sent to Iraq in the first place.
So, yeh, bring then home asap.

I completely agree :smt023
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2007, 10:19 PM
I say bring back national service and we wont have no shortage of troops.Also get these lazy b*****d's lounging about on the dole in to help these poor folks with the floods and any other crisis we have.
As for the state of our roads,get the cons out who are low risk and make them work on them.They could also be put to work tidying up the pensioners gardens who need it done.
OOOOOOOOOH am I bad or what?
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-07-2007, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
I say bring back national service and we wont have no shortage of troops.Also get these lazy b*****d's lounging about on the dole in to help these poor folks with the floods and any other crisis we have.
As for the state of our roads,get the cons out who are low risk and make them work on them.They could also be put to work tidying up the pensioners gardens who need it done.
Ooooer, that's a bit strong.
However, I agree with national service being reintroduced.
National service tought those who served, disipline, pride, many skills, and a sense of loyalty that seems to have disappeared over the years.

I used to cringe at the way brits carried on at the loss of life sustained by our troops in iraq.
Our boys were there out of a sense of duty, every one of them volunteered, no one forced them to join the armed forces, they all walked into the recruitment offices and joined up.

The americans were different, they forced their boys to go because USA still has national service. A lot of american soldiers that were there had no choice in the matter.
Yes, some of them were professional 20yr men/women, but a lot were doing their national sevice.
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-07-2007, 08:34 AM
lol Marry me!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 08:36 AM
i agree with you xxdk
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >