Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2006, 06:01 AM
Originally Posted by Ailsa1
This thread just gets better and better!
'Fraid we didn't make it to the zoo today...but will get there ( or know someone else who will) !!!!
Lovezois...how cute is that tshirt...bless!
Aww thanks Ailsa, I hope you had a good day out anyway. Couldn't trust the weather here yesterday it ranged from nice 1st thing in the morning to pouring down, clearing up (I then got 2 loads of washing dry) to torrential rain and some thunder Still and grey at present this morning. We're hoping to get some more photo's today and write up a very interesting visit Dinky has been on....to the other side of the world

Kath XX
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2006, 03:34 PM

In memory of our friend EssBee who died suddenly in September 2006.

You were much loved and will be sorely missed.

" He is the soul of honesty and loyalty.
He is never false or treacherous, even in his old age.
(The Boxer)"

Dinky's trip to Australia

I expect you are all wondering how Dinky managed to get to AUSTRALIA Well I'll tell you, after Dinky's lovely day spent with his cousin Nessie he was floating down South through the clouds when a great big passenger jet came alongside him. A man with a very neat moustache and beard called out to Dinky "Hello there, my name's captain Williams and I'm the pilot of this areoplane. Would you like a lift...just grab hold of the planes tail" Dinky thought this would be very exciting and so he did as captain Williams had told him

The plane and Dinky flew very fast and very high, for hours and hours. Dinky found it very exciting flying over all the countries and seeing the vast seas far below. After a long, long time the plane landed and Dinky found that he was in Australia!

Dinky decided to go for a float around to see what Australia is like. He found out that it is a very big country with mountains, deserts, forests, big, rivers and some lovely seaside beaches. It is winter now in Australia and Dinky saw that some of the mountains even had snow on them.

Dinky was feeling very hungry after all of his sightseeing and decided to have a rest under a gum tree in a place called the Outback where it was nice and warm and not too many people about. Dinky nodded off to sleep and as he awoke he saw a kangaroo looking at him "Hello cobba" she said "who and what are you"? Dinky told the kangaroo all about himself and where he had come from. Lottie (that was her name) said that she thought Dinky looked hungry and asked him if he'd like something to eat. Dinky replied "yes please, I'm starving" and lottie said that she'd have a look in her pouch and see what she could find. "What's a pouch"? asked Dinky. Lottie explained that a pouch is a sort of bag on a female kangaroo's tummy where she can carry all sorts of useful things and with that Lottie opened her pouch and after taking out her keys, sunglasses, lipstick, a screwdriver, a book, a pen, and a torch she handed Dinky a bacon sandwich. It was the best bacon sandwich Dinky had ever eaten. Guess what else Lottie had in her pouch, all snug and warm...a tiny, weeny baby kangaroo called Joey. Dinky would have liked to stay and play with Joey but, he was having his afternoon nap and so Dinky said thank you and goodbye to Lottie and floated about some more.

Dinky met some very strange and unusual looking animals, the likes of which he had never seen before. He met a cuddly wombat, an echidna (which is a bit like a hedgehog but it lays eggs like a chicken ), a dingo (which reminded him a bit of Mishka), a possum, a wallaby, a flying fox, a koala and lots of wild budgerigars and other colourful parrots! Dinky started to feel a little hungry again and he found some trees with banannas growing on them and he quickly gobbled up 3 for his tea.

The animals had told Dinky about another strange animal called the Tasmanian Devil that lives on a close by Island called Tasmania. Dinky floated across to Tasmania where he met a family of Devils. He was a little bit frightened of them at first because they make a lot of noise and have big mouths with sharp-looking teeth. They fight and scrape for food and their manners are not good at all.

While Dinky was in Tasmania he met a lovely old lady called EssBee and he told her all about his adventures. EssBee was really kind and she helped Dinky to write and send a postcard, a letter and some stickers to Megan to tell her all about his big adventure. Dinky thanked EssBee for all of her help and then floated up into the air and out across the sea...........................

Megan got her postcard from Dinky and couldn't believe where he'd been.

She put all the stickers on her car and read his postcard.

and then "right I'm off to Australia then"

Megan would like to say a huge THANK YOU to EssBee and all of Dinky's friends XX
mark meek
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-08-2006, 03:39 PM
this just gets better and better
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by mark meek
this just gets better and better
Thank you Mark. We had a lot of help from EssBee on this one
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2006, 08:25 PM
i hope your keeping a copy of all these storys cause they could be turned into a book why dont u give it a go, u have an amazing talent with words.
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by bens mum
i hope your keeping a copy of all these storys cause they could be turned into a book why dont u give it a go, u have an amazing talent with words.
I am trying (with the emphasis on trying, as you know how useless I am on the computer, to copy the entire thing to disk) if only to show Megan when she's older how much people cared and did such nice things for her.

I love writing the stories...mind you I'm a big kid at heart.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-08-2006, 08:03 AM
Thank you for posting the pics Kath. Megan is such a charmer!

It was a pleasure to be Dinky's amanuensis

I hope he makes it back to civilization safely
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2006, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by Shadowboxer
Thank you for posting the pics Kath. Megan is such a charmer!

It was a pleasure to be Dinky's amanuensis

I hope he makes it back to civilization safely
Thanks SB....I think you not only wrote down the words for him but helped him to learn about Australia too.

I'm sure he had a fantastic time there with you.

Kath XX
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

19-08-2006, 10:02 AM
Hi Kath

I have to agree with mark that this just gets better and better and also with Ben's mum you should turn it into a book. I am sure it would become a best seller, if the comments on here are anything to go by. Go for it girl you can do it. Just think of the pleasure it will bring to a lot of children out there and not just to Megan. We are all big kid's at heart. Take care Love to Megan.
Eunice
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2006, 10:11 AM
Wow I didn't realise quite how many adventures Dinky had had He's been more places than me Fantastic thread and beautiful pictures of you gorgeous little Megan, Kath and of course those beautiful Bichons and Mishka. I LOVE Fleurs new collar and lead, looks lovely
Page 7 of 22 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »