register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Are you for or against organ donation? (Please explain reasons on your choice)
Yes I'm for it and am an organ donor. 52 68.42%
Yes I'm for it, but too scared to be one. 9 11.84%
No I'm not for it and am not an organ donor. 4 5.26%
Other....... 11 14.47%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 5 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2006, 12:28 PM
I am an organ doner because I have a fear of being buried alive! Sounds silly but if I have no organs I am definately dead and will not wake up 6ft under
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2006, 04:19 PM
yes im for it, but they wouldnt have my bits, as im on too much medication, i cant even be a blood doner.
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

07-08-2006, 05:36 PM
i ma full organ donor, always have been.

cant give blood as im always on and off medication.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2006, 05:43 PM
I am absolutely for it, in my opinion the body is just a shell your spirit occupies while you are here and it is the spirit that goes on to wherever you believe, the greatest gift you can give to someone is life when you don't have one any more......
I am not allowed to give blood here in Ireland as I am British to be more specific, lived there between certain dates. They are always moaning about lack of blood doner then they get picky over who may donate.....
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2006, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by Donna&Zuki
I am an organ doner because I have a fear of being buried alive! Sounds silly but if I have no organs I am definately dead and will not wake up 6ft under
Interesting way of looking at it!
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2006, 08:26 PM
Im for organ donation, however i`d like to be one but ive never really done anything about it. All my family know if something happened to me id like to donate my organs but im not registered as an organ donor yet.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2006, 07:17 PM
Yes, I'm an organ donor

I'm not gonna need anything once I'm dead. If any part of my body can be used to give that precious gift of life to another, then they can take what they like. To know that one day, I can give another family a few more years with a sick loved one, is worth every day I spend on this planet
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2006, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur
Ahh, I undersdtand why now

I've actually had a bone marrow test - they took bone marrow from my pelvis, whilst I was under sedation - hurt like a bitch, and I couldn't walk for a week!
Also had the drugs that make your bone marrow produce cells - drug called GCSF - also hurts like a bitch! lol
Ooh I've seen one of those done!

Just be glad you were sedated! :smt078

Originally Posted by GSDLover
I can't say that I'm against it, as it's great for those who need them and for those who want to do it. I'm just not one of them and I don't feel in the least bit guilty.

My partner knows full well that should I be in an accident that requires me to have an organ donated from someone, I really don't want it. It's not a question of any faith, as I don't have any. I just personally believe that we should go out as we came in, and that extending life through artifical means does more harm than good to our society.
Nice to see a different point of view.
Lolo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-08-2006, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by Donna&Zuki
I have the same hang-up so much so that when i was little and going for operations or ill, i made my parents promise that if i died they would put some food, water and a telephone line into the coffin just in case!!!! how mad is that! Fortunately I am not as bad as that now, but it still worries me, but to be honest i never thought about organ donation as an alternative to this phobia, got me thinking now:smt017 :smt017 :smt017
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-08-2006, 10:28 AM
I obviously missed this thread when I was busy with my decorating. I am registered as an organ doner as I can see no reason not to be.
A question though for those of you that aren't registered or can't bring yourselves to donate,
Would you decline an organ transplant if you needed one yourself?
Page 5 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >