Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2005, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
That was interesting Luz, did you teach english horseriding to the American's or American riding? Are you an AI or just a normal horse rider like me? Just interested!
Yes I taught English riding they had an American saddle but all the children prefered our way. No not fully qualified just a passion. Had my own Arab when younger she was beautiful, when we galloped it was like floating on air. Ooooooh making me all nostalgic now. Do you have a horse Helen?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2005, 02:20 PM
Hi Luz, yes I had a 16h2 tbxID for 20 years! I was out riding 4/5 hours every day, I loved every minute of it, even the hard work and expense that went with it! Sadly I had him pts a year ago last March, but I sooooo miss my riding. I have lots of friends I could ride out with, but somehow it just wouldn't be the same, you know what I mean when you get so used to your own horse with their quirky ways. He was a right character too, always trying to dump me in a friendly sort of way, flybucking every time we set off in a canter, but I put it down to his sense of humour! I'm afraid I'm not much of an Arab fan, although beautiful to look at, you have to go a long way I think to find one that isn't scatty - just my experience of course, but I know what you mean about them "floating" they are beautiful to watch. I like the tb's especially Irish Draft mix which adds that sense of maturity, coz they can be a bit "flighty" too can't they! Never have another one now though, I've come to my senses at last!
Catmelodian
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-10-2005, 02:32 PM
I would become a student and enjoy the never ending parties and social events; hanging out with swathes of lithesome beauties, squeeze my P & M for cash on a regular basis and enjoy long long long late sleep in's. In the same year I would accumulate enough dirty washing to keep every launderete in Kowloon busy for a month and get my P & M to sort it out, without mixing the colours and whites.

Oh yes.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-10-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by Catmelodian
I would become a student and enjoy the never ending parties and social events; hanging out with swathes of lithesome beauties, squeeze my P & M for cash on a regular basis and enjoy long long long late sleep in's. In the same year I would accumulate enough dirty washing to keep every launderete in Kowloon busy for a month and get my P & M to sort it out, without mixing the colours and whites.

Oh yes.
Catmelodian it sounds as if you have already been a student to be so well informed.. You have however missed out not changing the beds for three months, allowing the dirty washing up pile to reach the ceiling, building a pyramid beer can 'art work' in the sitting room and filling the bucket ashtray you may also wish to make a hole appeared in the kitchen wall
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2005, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
Hi Luz, yes I had a 16h2 tbxID for 20 years! I was out riding 4/5 hours every day, I loved every minute of it, even the hard work and expense that went with it! Sadly I had him pts a year ago last March, but I sooooo miss my riding. I have lots of friends I could ride out with, but somehow it just wouldn't be the same, you know what I mean when you get so used to your own horse with their quirky ways. He was a right character too, always trying to dump me in a friendly sort of way, flybucking every time we set off in a canter, but I put it down to his sense of humour! I'm afraid I'm not much of an Arab fan, although beautiful to look at, you have to go a long way I think to find one that isn't scatty - just my experience of course, but I know what you mean about them "floating" they are beautiful to watch. I like the tb's especially Irish Draft mix which adds that sense of maturity, coz they can be a bit "flighty" too can't they! Never have another one now though, I've come to my senses at last!
Oh yes know what your mean about Arabs! I'm sure the wind was saying 'BOO' to her everytime it blew, and heaven forbid if there was a scrap of paper that moved. She went one way and I went the other. Oh the good old days. I have a friend who has 4 horses and she cant part with any of them even though she doesnt have enough time. Would love another but think I am better off sticking to dogs. Getting another Northern Inuit soon! YAY!
Catmelodian
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-10-2005, 02:55 PM
Alas no Minihaha, I never tasted the nectar of the student life, I was impecunious from birth and these things were but a dream. Well, that and I was a bit thick...

No, my considerable knowledge of the carefree life of wanton abandonment and hedonistic pleasures comes from my offspring; both in Edinburgh Uni and intent on driving me into a paupers grave.!!
Sansorrella
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-10-2005, 02:58 PM
I'm surprised at you lot! I would love to take a year out - but wouldn't go anywhere without my dogs. I would just love to take them all somewhere with my own private beach and some woods for them to hunt in - and just have some time out away from people!! A leisurely walk along the beach after breakfast (someone paid to come in and do all the clearing up of course!) and just spend some quality time with my pack.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by Sansorrella
I'm surprised at you lot! I would love to take a year out - but wouldn't go anywhere without my dogs. I would just love to take them all somewhere with my own private beach and some woods for them to hunt in - and just have some time out away from people!! A leisurely walk along the beach after breakfast (someone paid to come in and do all the clearing up of course!) and just spend some quality time with my pack.
Aherm Mrs Curry, I did say I would go on a world tour as long as I could take my dogs!
anamcara
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-10-2005, 03:29 PM
I would love to take a year out and i would love to go see tigers in the wild and i would go New Zealand. I would get involved in conservation so i would propably need more than a year and a ton of money which i (sadly) have not got!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2005, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by Luz
Aherm Mrs Curry, I did say I would go on a world tour as long as I could take my dogs!
And I'm in my camper van with my pack too! Wouldn't dream of leaving my animals behind, o/h yes, dogs - big no-no!
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >