Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2019, 08:37 AM

Daily Thread, Monday, 28th January, 2019

Good morning everyone, I trust you and your four legged friends are all fit and well. Those that are suffering get well soon.

Have a good day all, take care, wrap up warm and dry and above all stay safe and well, God bless

Now to get Amber out!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2019, 08:52 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope you found a stove you liked Lynn

Very cold here with a little frost but sunny. Have taken a chance and hung some washing out

Pleased to hear Mrs L now has no pain and is more mobile.

Hope all two and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2019, 09:58 AM
Morning all
Mandy...yes, Hastings is a long way from me but he did say I could stay when he isn't using it but....he won't allow the dogs so it's a no
Steve's coming after work, needs to collect his boxes to clear the kitchen and his tiles.....the workmen are a nightmare apparently
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-01-2019, 10:04 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue, griff and all to follow.
Bright sunshine but a chilly breeze out.

thank you for the mention of Marlow's Harvey we were back when i read it.
Very little choice at glasswells and not overly impressed with the style of the one stove they had that had the flame we want.
The style we liked was bigger but wrong type of flame and over £1000 for a lump of plastic. Other one was reasonable but not very pleasing to the eye for us anyway.
Ended up looking online and have one arriving today from Amazon.

Wrap up warm Moyra.
I have sheets in sue and will get them on the line for a while every little helps as they say.
What a shame brother won't let you take the dogs griff. Hope the workmen buck up their ideas.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2019, 10:39 AM
Glad you found one on Amazon Lynn. I was going to suggest either Amazon or Argos You could try for the surround and mantle shelf.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-01-2019, 11:26 AM
Hastings is not that far from me and an interesting town .

if you like fish there are plenty of kiosks right on the beach selling all types of fish. You don't find that in most places.
Trouble is it gets very crowded in the summer with visitors
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2019, 12:29 PM
Cheers Barry, I think mum and dad have been, the place he looked at is right on the square
Lynn, pleased you have the fire
My dad has another week of work!!! I am going to go mental!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-01-2019, 12:37 PM
Fire just arrived hoovering then unpacking.
Had a look at Argos Moyra they didn't do the one we wanted. Have the hearth effect hearth coming tomorrow.
We are having the render off first on the fireplace to see how the bricks are if in fairly good condition we will leave them and have a wooden mantle put across the chimney breast.

Oh dear griff hope you manage another week.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2019, 01:04 PM
Good afternoon all.

It may look lovely outside with clear blue skies and lovely sunshine, but I'm sure the breeze is full of pins. It certainly felt like it on my face when we were walking into it.

Loads of folk seem to be down with the chest infection so we have given everyone a wide berth today. The last thing we need is another one as we don't shake them off too easily.

With the last increase in tablets, Gary seems to have become very 'edgy' so it's a call to the Epilepsy Nurse this afternoon to see if we can cut them back to the previous level. He always seems to react at some point
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2019, 03:30 PM
Oh Chris, that is a shame, hope reducing them will do the trick.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >